Projector lights to xenon? 197

can you add a link to the exact things you had to buy?
i think i also need the complete head unit as i have the old style lights and not the "ball glass" type.

i think i also need the complete head unit as i have the old style lights and not the "ball glass" type.

Yep, you'll need the projector headlights if your going to fit HIDs. Steve Murr is doing them at trade prices in this parts section (I just got some 200 projectors of him).

nice one, that will be next after i get the sprint spoiler next month wooooo hooooo, then need to refurbish alloys and fix recaro seats, then sit back and enjoy the perfect car that it is.
also coming up is new tires......im sure it will then be new disks and pads, then hopefully a coupe of years of trouble free enjoyment.....

Spent my day off walking around Chester whilst Birchdown changed the cambelt, aux belt, water pump & new brakes! Thats enough spend on the car for now. I loved the 1.2 courtesy car, just made getting back into mine feel extra special :smile:

I have to admit, its not an R27.. I bought the transfer kit off ebay and fitted it myself.. But to be fair, it has the cup chassie, recaro's and now xenons so technically it is one, just missing a plaque! Curley edition 500/500 is still the only white R27 in the UK.

Proper installation mate well done.

So is this the one and only R27 made in memory of someone who used to work for Renault then? If so I was under the impression that it was fully loaded, xenons included. I might be wrong though.

Did you remove the roof decal?

No it not R27 I just check. This is real one.

FCS08054.jpg

Well, did the installation of hids into my projectors today. Took me far longer than it should have done but got there in the end. Thanks to lordpercy for kit info and photos which helped a bit.

Photos don't really do justice but here's a couple:

Left one in:
IMG-20131207-WA0010_zps11c14674.jpg

Both in finally:
IMG-20131207-WA0012_zpsfa5c52a1.jpg

Took it for a spin and they are miles better on the back roads as well as looking the part too!

Last edited:
Well after seeing this thread, I thought I'd try another set of hids as my least set had a duff unit that gave really poor light output.

They are uttertoss.

Intermittent starting this time.

They are just bin fodder IMO, very poor quality if two sets in a row have different faults.

Last edited:
Well after seeing this thread, I thought I'd try another set of hids as my least set had a duff unit that gave really poor light output.

They are uttertoss.

Intermittent starting this time.

They are just bin fodder IMO, very poor quality if two sets in a row have different faults.

Where you getting them from?

The terminator ones last time, another set the time before. Not a quality product, but then at 60 quid for the pair what did I expect lol!