Push to start

Normally every time I start the car I press the brake and push the start button because thats what it tells me to do, but I put it in reverse before I start the car now and this morning it started without me needing to press the brake, just had the clutch down.

Thought I'd bring it up lol...

1; Why do you put the car into reverse before you start!?! :smiley:
2; That sounds very odd, normally you still have to press the brake if the clutch is down!?!

1; Why do you put the car into reverse before you start!?! :smiley:
2; That sounds very odd, normally you still have to press the brake if the clutch is down!?!

LOL well sometimes I don't drive the car for a good week and the gears are VERY stiff! But if the engine is off it goes into gear very smoothly (thanks Ben for that advice)

clutch also has a switch on it - so you can start it in "neutral"

Cheers foxspeed, thought it might also have a sensor or something in

u dont have to press the brake aswell as clutch, 1 or the other starts the car

If you try starting it in gear ;/ with foot on the brake it tells you are being a muppet and to select neutral...

Excessive Engine wear :tongueout:inky:

I just sit in it until the revs drop. I take that as a sign I can go haha

See now I was always told that just sitting there waiting for the car to warm up with the engine ticking over was worse than getting in and just driving off normally. Something to do with the oil not getting moved around proper because of the lack of revs.

I always start the car in gear due to the crap gearbox and it being a pig to put into reverse when cold.

See now I was always told that just sitting there waiting for the car to warm up with the engine ticking over was worse than getting in and just driving off normally. Something to do with the oil not getting moved around proper because of the lack of revs.

I always start the car in gear due to the crap gearbox and it being a pig to put into reverse when cold.

Same same :thumbup:

Same same :thumbup:

it also warms up faster and saves fuel and therefore reduces engine wear

used to be more of an issue on older cars with chokes...the "excessive" rich mixtures used to cause "bore wash" the petrol would wash the oil film from the cylinder bores and cause excessive piston ring wear :001_rolleyes:

Not that you can get in my car and drive off straight away without it hop,skip and jumping down the road haha

I always use clutch to start as well as I leave it in gear because handbrake sticks when its been cold night!