Question on recaro seats

Heppy997

Paid Member
So I'm after a set of recaro seats for my Clio 197. The renaultsport ones are a bit hard to come by (and fetch a lot more) so I wondered about a set out of a corsa vxr. Can this be done? I understand that the frames will be different but would I just need a set of Renault subframes? Also would the airbags be compatible?

Thanks in advance

Cheers [MENTION=51111]jimmyd81[/MENTION]. I think I'll try pick up a set and see if it's possible...if not they'll be straight back on eBay lol

They look largely the same but there are differences. I think the bolsters don't come that far out on the Corsa's recaros and the "shoulder" of the seats looks shorter and quite funny

They are the same type of seat just different versions, also the clio and corsa have different mounts. So you'd need to make them fit rather than just bolt them in. I looked into them before I bought Renault ones.

managed to pick up a set out of a corsa vxr this week, absolute bargain at £400 for the set in immaculate condition! anyways, I'm in the process of removing the runners as they're obviously from a corsa so wont fit the clio. There seems to be a compressed spring attached to a wire going into the seat which is hooked on to one of the runners......and i have no idea what it is or how to remove it lol. It seems to be riveted into the runner. its the side with the seatbelt pretensioners so I'm a bit hesitant to force it off incase it blows my head off.....could anyone shine a light?
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• recaros2.jpg
    recaros2.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 110
  • recaros1.jpg
    recaros1.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 109
yes [MENTION=52036]Lewjew[/MENTION] I've just had a look and i think you're right. when the seat goes forward the cable pulls through. the question now is how do i get the ****er off....its riveted into the runners....