Quick airbox question

I see, I had a similar thing happen when I was experimenting with fuel rail pressures on the jp4 engines a coupke of years ago.

The ecu kept sensing the injector pulses being the same length but the fuel pressure and flow rate through the injectors was increased ever so slightly, the ecu sensed this and knocked back the fueling which in turn effected performance.

It could be a very similar fault but with excess air instead of excess fuel

Well peak power does come in earlier at ~6700 and holds flat to the redline, the glitch is roughly just before peak power

I'm sure a re-map would fix it don't get me wrong but theres a grey area surrounding the 197/200 holding the re-mapped file.

An ecu should never lose it's map, accordin to Paul at rs tuning its nigh on impossible.

What could be happening is dealers or garages re flashing the Ecus at service intervals???

i know someone with a remapped 197 and that hasnt lost its "remap" :thumbsup:

as for the "adapting" perhaps the ecu will only adapt to limits or within certain parameters

as for the "adapting" perhaps the ecu will only adapt to limits or within certain parameters

So it can only be remapped to a certain power output then it goes in the huff ?

So it can only be remapped to a certain power output then it goes in the huff ?

unless someone proves otherwise i would say that it would only adapt to a limit....not got in to that far to be honest

"kevos" car was a strange beast and did keep "losing" maps or seemed to whether that was because of the cams i am not sure

unless someone proves otherwise i would say that it would only adapt to a limit....not got in to that far to be honest

"kevos" car was a strange beast and did keep "losing" maps or seemed to whether that was because of the cams i am not sure

Yeah I forgot about Kevo's it was the same, thats why he went down the aftermarket ECU route.

TBH the guy that re-mapped our 500 and is one of the top Evo/Subaru tuners up here (they have a 700bhp time attack monster :lol:smile: said that Renaults ECU writer's are probably the best about.

Yeah I forgot about Kevo's it was the same, thats why he went down the aftermarket ECU route.

TBH the guy that re-mapped our 500 and is one of the top Evo/Subaru tuners up here (they have a 700bhp time attack monster :lol:smile: said that Renaults ECU writer's are probably the best about.

except for cold running/cold starts :lol::bat:

Tamper proofing, so to speak from Renault?

Maybe some parameters of Renault Ecus are locked or have restrictions limited into them to limit the learning of a change of circumstances?

Tamper proofing, so to speak from Renault?

Maybe some parameters of Renault Ecus are locked or have restrictions limited into them to limit the learning of a change of circumstances?

perhaps yes - i cannot see it being "limitless" adaptation - must be a limit/restricitions in the ecu and as you say perhaps a degree of tamperproofing as well :thumbsup:

OK who is the best for my clio3RS 200 cup the V6 airbox or the R3 carbon airbox?
whit a mapping ECU

Sorry for my english

Most info can be found here about the 197 ECU map problems:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?498173-Renault-ECU-Theory&highlight=

For information if anyone is interested my car was mapped by AmD Essex and after a 14 months ( 5000 miles ) still retains it adjustments and dynos identical bhp ( + - 3bhp ).

Ok thank's but i have a RS 200 not 197
Because of my awful english ,i don' understand all the Technical explanations

And i just want know who is the best airbox , V6airbox or R3airbox carbon for my car
My project is:

Cams shrik or catcam's
exhaust wihout catalyst milltek or Orbisoud
remapping ecu
torsen quaife
R3 Manyfoild
V6 airbox or R3 carbon airbox

Sorry for my english

ECUs are same between 197 and 200, just mapped differently from renault.

Obviously i can only recommend engine mappers in the UK, but if your fitting uprated cams i would definately get a custom dyno map, as apposed to a generic 'box upload' map ( rs tuner units etc ).

As for the induction kit we could go into this topic all over again all night but personally i would keep it standard, if you can afford the R3 airbox then i would be tempted for that.

Cant comment on V6 airbox as it has split opinions on here and other forums over its effectiveness.

Where are you getting R3 manifold from, im not aware of any differences?

I have the same trouble
Cant comment on R3 manifold as it has split opinions on here and other forums over its effectiveness.

In france all people think that the same
The manifold 3RS as the same than the manifold R3 but whitout the catlyst

OK i go to the R3 aibox carbone

Oh appologies i though you meant the inlet manifold.

Heard horror stories about decatting the manifold, a member from africa has done it on here and has a wealth of knowledge on the setup.