RB Cup Racer Wannabe - New bits & track day disaster...

Long time no posts! Been tinkering away when I get time, got married in August there then on honeymoon for a month so my priorities have been there needless to say.
Have however managed to fit,

Oulton cage
A-tech fia fixed race seats
Luke harnesses
Spacers
Goodridge hoses and racing blue fluid.

me7_zps01516e5c.jpg

Had it out on track last month, got all of 5 laps when at 120ish the engine completely died and refused to restart... So complete waste, car had to be recovered to Renault where a crank sensor was diagnosed, then when it fired up a metal clanking and rattling starting coming from the gearbox area...
So deep breath, removed the gearbox etc and found part of the clutch pressure plate had disintegrated and slashed the crank sensor.
Brand new Renault clutch kit with new slave cylinder fitted and its running great again, dyeing to get at the next track day though desperately need to source brake pads, the standard items in my car are complete crap I had no confidence in my braking compared with others on the day.

me5_zpscfae63d6.jpg

Couple of other shots taken by others... Haven't got any new pics of the car recently.

me6_zps24c6f358.jpg

me4_zps5179099d.jpg

me2_zps4051c7e4.jpg

me10_zps5f779149.jpg

That looks stunning, looks at home in the pics.

Randomly, I can see you have no centre caps? I have brand new 4 white speedline ones still in the packets if your interested? Would be perfect for your fresh wheels.

Never thought much about centres, doesn't worry me too much but did you have a price in mind?

Cheers Cro, & cheers for on call assistance from Chris at track... Was ready to pull my hair out. I'm very much looking forward to a blast in yours when it's mapped!

DS3000's ordered from larkspeed with genuine Renault rear pads and discs going on this week.

Last track session of the year this weekend, hoping for a full days thrashing this weekend!

Second clutch pressure plate failure I've heard of, mine being the first back in March...

Lol!! Have u noticed anything odd because of it? I take it u mean the purple thing the spring sits in? Might take mine out lol!

DS3000's ordered from larkspeed with genuine Renault rear pads and discs going on this week.

Last track session of the year this weekend, hoping for a full days thrashing this weekend!

Might take a run up at the weekend mate be good to see this out on track

Lol!! Have u noticed anything odd because of it? I take it u mean the purple thing the spring sits in? Might take mine out  lol!

Nope its absolutely fine... Both the purple and black holder/adjuster part. I've tested it and unless you lift the car fully off ground and physically pull the spring hard it won't come out. Im sure others would deem it as technically 'unsafe' though.

Might take a run up at the weekend mate be good to see this out on track

Not far from you, you should indeed... Trying to talk Ben into entering your old 182 again. Would be handy to have a Renault tech on standby this time!