Real or fake? Lotus Renault GP

Bet a white 200 with black wheels and that up and over stripe in black.

Sorry, here's a little more on it.

monsta said:
Has anyone seen this one? it's a Clio 200 Lotus Renault Grand Prix Limited Edition, apparently it never went into final production and remained a prototype with only one existing in Australia. http://www.uniquecarsales.com.au/pr...&__N=1246 1247+1252 1282+1805+54&vertical=Car

I call shenanigans. The only info that comes up on the Lotus Renault Clio RS is the sale ads for this car. I will happily be proven wrong, but I reckon he did this himself. The wiki shows details and images of this exact car. Wikipedia can be modified by anyone. The language used is identical to his sale ad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_Clio_Renault_Sport#Lotus_Renault_Grand_Prix

The Lotus Renault Grand Prix Limited Edition was a tribute to the 2010 Lotus Renault GP Formula 1 Team. It featured a Replica LRGP Livery of the historic black and gold last seen on the Renault powered Lotus of Aryton Senna with the JPS (John Player Special) dominated sponsorship. The features of the LRGP edition included Gold 17” OZ Racing Ultraleggra wheels wrapped in Pirelli tyres, replicating the relationship between the supporting brands of the successful LRGP Formula 1 team. The OZ Racing Ultraleggra wheelswidened the track of the car by 1” (25.4mm) and were substantially lighter than the Renaultsport Wheels. The LRGP edition also featured progressive spring rates and sat slightly lower, improving the handling of the vehicle. A different exhaust provided a more enthusiastic note to the car and the rear seats were removed to save weight. The car was fitted with a fire extinguisher under the drivers seat with the intentions of track use. The LRGP Edition also exhibited the 200 Cup rear wing, that provides a large amount of down force, and the Clio R3 roof scoop for cooling the driver. The LRGP Edition was a prototype and never went into production due to troubling endorsement deals between Lotus and Renault. There is one car known to exist in Australia.

How could it make it to Australia of all places? That, and the fact it's the most ghastly thing I've ever seen in my life.

Last edited:
I guess checking the registration documents will soon tell anyone interested in buying this 'one off'