Rear alignment

wootwoot

Paid Member
Hi. I recently got a wheel alignment and noticed the rear was off side to side toe wise. I am looking at getting the toe shims from PMS but wanted to ask if there were some target alignment I should be aiming for. Car is used as daily with some fast road driving.
ThanksIMG_20220903_132406.jpg

Yep here is the full sheet. I was thinking I need a 10' toe shim on the left rear side to mostly balance it out

Attachments

• IMG_20220903_140754.jpg
    IMG_20220903_140754.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 23
It works out to around 8' to bring the rear straight, but as far as i'm aware, 10' is the smallest you can buy. It also isn't an exact science. a 10' toe shim doesn't necessarily translate to just that - it can also affect the camber aswell as toe.

To be honest, the rear isn't too far out of spec. I would be more concerned at the camber difference on the front axle.

Reactions: wootwoot
Negative 10° toe is safe on the rear. Parallel toe would make the car a fraction more lively.
I’d be surprised if you could notice the difference in the drive just using a 10’ shim. It all looks fairly decent for a road car. Unless you’re absolute certain you want it all perfect then personally id leave it. Good luck

Ohh my strut tops have been a pain. I have gone through two after market sets in 30000kms. I have just ordered some new OEM ones. They are currently cracked on one side and the other side is sitting weirdly and rubbing on the turret.

The car is over 10 years old replace the beam bushes before taking measurements you might find an improvement enough at the back to take your mind away from the alignment I think genuine bushes are about £45 each.