Rear number plate bulbs and light

Hi Guys,

I am wanting to upgrade number plate bulbs, boot, glovebox and door cards lights to white LED's.

Just been out to check what size the festoon bulbs that shine on the number plate and took one out when lights were on to see what I was doing. Next min the other one went out. :worried: lol. I fitted the right one back but then realised the left rear light bulb don't come on. I think that has blown. :worried: I hope it's just the bulbs that have blown and I haven't blown the complete circuit. All the other lights work. I knew I should have done it in the day when I had yesterday off as nights get dark early for me to check after work. School boy error.

I am going to order LED's, and LED festoon bulbs this evening from Twingeekeo and get a rear light bulb tomorrow from Camberly Autofactors as I get discount through my evening car maintence course that I do.

When both number plate bulbs went out I ended up having to use my clio sport led torch. lol Should have used that in the first place tbh. grrr

Has anyone had this problem before?

Look forward to your feedback guys.

Cheers,

Chris

Would have thought it had just blown I had one out the weekend and head light bloody bulbs lol

There's a fuse box in engine bay, it is a fuse in there, it's next to the battery on the passenger side!

Would have thought it had just blown I had one out the weekend and head light bloody bulbs lol

Hi Roy,

Cheers for your quick responce.

I have ordered some festoon LED's off ebay as they worked out to be cheaper for a set of 4 (2 x number plate) (1 x boot & 1 x glovebox)

I will check the fuse box tomorrow when I fit the rear light bulb.

I have read that the festoon bulbs can be tempremental sometimes and if you rotate them 180 degrees or turn them around they work. I bit like if you get the plus and minus not connected up properly on a battery.

There's a fuse box in engine bay, it is a fuse in there, it's next to the battery on the passenger side!

Hi Luke,

Cheers for your reply.

What colour is the fuse for the lights if you can remember that's all? Just so I know which one to check at the weekend.

Does it have a diagram in the car manual of the fuse box and what fuse is for what part of the car?

No diagram and I can't remember was like 6 months ago, what I did was disconnect battery and take them out one by one looking for the blown fuse!

I bought a new light bulb today for the rear passengers side and refitted it. Unfortunately neither number plate bulbs or rear light bulb is working still?

I have had a look in the fuse box joined onto the battery box which is really small and mine only has fuses 40, 50 80, 50 and two other small black square ones. Does anyone know which fuse I should inspect as I can't find a diagram in the manual?

Is there another fuse box anywhere inside the car?

Last edited:

Hi Foxspeed.

Thank you soo much for this link to this thread. Like alot of people on here I never thought to look underneath the 2nd air intake. I only came across the small battery terminal fuse box and then the 2nd fuse panel underneath the steering wheel.

I am hoping the fuse for the plate bulbs and rear left light is in here. Fingers crossed!! :smiley::001_rolleyes:

Many thanks for your help once again matey. Hopefully I can bring you some good news on the outcome. :smile: