Recaro Issues...

Rishi

Platinum Member
I was wondering if anyone knows whether a ff recaro on the lowest height setting sits higher or lower than the standard recaro clio3 subframe that you would use on an aftermarket recaro?

Im considering getting a pair of 200 recaros as they're much easier to come by then 197 ones... plus less worn out

The only issues im thinking of is their yellow in an albi blue & whether they sit lower than an aftermarket recaro, i definitely need a bit more support & everyone who has them are adament the recaros hold you better. Im even considering buying a clio height adjustment seat frame & fitting it onto an aftermarket recaro purely to have height adjustment on a recaro.

Any ideas? :confused1:

The Renault fitted Recaro sits slightly higher than the standard seat. Afaik, you can't use a standard Recaro subframe on the RS Recaro's, so to get lower you'd need aftermarket Recaro's and subframes.

The RS Recaro definetly provide better support, after driving the courtesy car eco warrior clio for 2 weeks i can absolutely confirm it!!

The RS Recaro definetly provide better support, after driving the courtesy car eco warrior clio for 2 weeks i can absolutely confirm it!!

Standard 200 seats aren't the same as fitted to the lower range clio's. They are far more supportive. If the Recaro's significantly lowered the driving position, they'd be worth the money. But they don't (and can't), so ott for me.

Yeh i know what your saying! If they were just a an inch or two lower it would be immense!

I think some Recaro pole positions would be the best solution tbh. Can get them in leather and the look superb also. Can go lower than the RS Recaros with some aftermarket subframes.

The Renault fitted Recaro sits slightly higher than the standard seat. Afaik, you can't use a standard Recaro subframe on the RS Recaro's, so to get lower you'd need aftermarket Recaro's and subframes.

I'd like to get aftermarket recaros but the subframes they make for the clio are too high for my liking & i cant find any other subframes to fit their seats...

I could make do with the rs seats as they are fine, but if i could be enjoying it more id like to

- Renault fitted recaros are a little higher than standard seats.
- Aftermarket recaros with recaro genuine adapters are a little lower than standard seats.
(I felt hip point is almost same hight and the front end of the seat base is lower.)
- You cant use recaro adapters or aftermarket subframes to renault fitted recaros.

I think the best way is to fit renault recaros using Madeno Racing Lowered Recaro seat frame-kit for original renault sport factory recaro seats.
http://www.madenoracing.com/performance/

The second best is to fit aftermarket recaros using aftermarket lowered subframes if they are available.

Im using aftermarket recaro sportster and recaro genuine adaters. No problem :thumbup:

- Aftermarket recaros with recaro genuine adapters are a little lower than standard seats.
(I felt hip point is almost same hight and the front end of the seat base is lower.)

In my old clio3 1.6 (same mk as the 197) i used an aftermarket recaro with the recaro genuine subframe/adapter & it definitely sat higher than the standard seats as i could see down the bonnet/front wing

Id have to sit in someones car who has a sportster cs w/recaro adapters & see how it feels, can't spend hundreds on a seat & then not like it...

When i changed back to my standard seat in my old clio it was like heaven sitting lower again

Standard 200 seats aren't the same as fitted to the lower range clio's. They are far more supportive. If the Recaro's significantly lowered the driving position, they'd be worth the money. But they don't (and can't), so ott for me.

Agree with that

From driving 200's with both seats, I feel the standard 200 seat is just as good if not better than the recaro on suport and comfort.

Don't get me wrong the recaro's look great but they aren't worth the £1000ish Renault charge