Remap on a standard 197

Hi all,

Just a quick question :smile:

I know the prefered option is to have a SS exhaust and the remap together.

But, could you put a remap on a standard 197 with the standard exhaust. Would it cuase any problems or throw any errors up etc?

Matt

While the standard system it pretty good, a reduction in back pressure can make the flatspot a bit more noticeable, so the remap would really be to remove that flatspot. On that basis you would be better waiting until you get the exhaust.

Error codes are more related to removing cats, if you retain the cats you shouldn't get any errors.

You should know that gains from remapping a relatively standard NA car are nominal, though driveability can be improved.

Thanks Ralph,

I hope im not sounding stupid by saying this but.

If i was going to go down the lines of a remap on the standard system, it would improve the driveability and torque? More than overall power?

Matt

I asked the same question ages ago mate and the reply I got not worth it

I'd agree with Roy, for the money etc I wouldnt say its worth it unless you've got other mods, even just a ITG filter maybe.

I'd agree with Roy, for the money etc I wouldnt say its worth it unless you've got other mods, even just a ITG filter maybe.

ITG filter on its way.

Might give TDF / RS tuning an email. See if they have had any with the standard exhaust..

I had a remap done on a standard 197. drivability more than makes up for the price. can feel torque on half throttle from 2000rpm in any gear including 6th. makes normal highway overtaking much simpler

I had a remap done on a standard 197. drivability more than makes up for the price. can feel torque on half throttle from 2000rpm in any gear including 6th. makes normal highway overtaking much simpler

indeed it does - friend of mine has had it done