Remove centre vent

TB Rich

Paid Member
How do you remove the centre vent, my stupid mobile phone holder has pushed off one of the blades.

Cheers

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418738760425.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418738760425.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 45
Cool, so the whole unit comes out, must be pretty large? Any idea where the clips are?
I had better tape up a small screw driver or something then to avoid damage. Really hate fiddly bits like this.

iirc the clips are left and right Rich. Yes, taping a flat screwdriver would help, very easy to scratch the surround plastic. I removed mine several times to help me with the cable management of the headunit/bluetooth etc as it gives extra access from above.

ok cheers dude, I'll give it a shot this weekend. Need to do the drivers side vent too, I bought a spare of eBay and modified (cut the centre out) to house my dual SPA oil temp/oil pressure gauge. Looks sweet-as :smiley: just needs installing now.

Just get a thin screwdriver in one of the gaps around the outer edge of the surround (the silver painted bit), once you get it popped it will put out easy, don't be scared though there's no clips to break or wires to come out.

Once it's out you can split the painted bit by clips but it's simple to see when it's out.