Removing Caliper Paint

Hey guys,

I've been reading up online about removing paint from calipers.

I painted them up yellow a couple of months back and I think I'm either going to go back to stock (plain metal) or go red...

I'll be honest, I did a pretty **** job first time round - so want to make them perfect.

From what I can gather, brake fluid seems to be the best option, with a wire wool brush...

I've seen some people suggest it may ruin the rubber seals or the brake hose pipe (that runs under the bottom of the caliper) - anyone know anything about this?

Thanks!

brake hoses are rubber and therefore transfer brake fluid anyway as for the bridge pipe its metal so will not be effected by using brake fluid as a paint remover...

That's a very good point Fox! I'm not sure why others have suggested it might affect those...

I guess it's mainly the seals I'm worried about. But as long as I stay away from them as best I can, hopefully they'll be ok!

That's a very good point Fox! I'm not sure why others have suggested it might affect those...

I guess it's mainly the seals I'm worried about. But as long as I stay away from them as best I can, hopefully they'll be ok!

when you rebuild calipers you use brake fluid as a medium to fit the seals etc so dont worry about them they are made to survive a harsh environment etc