Renault Sport Clio 197 Racing Red

Eeehhh there is too much rain in Slovenia to get such tyres :bumpit::tongueout:

How does the car feel with them Rap? Louder? Does it take long to warm them? Can you feel a bigger amount of stress on the suspension etc. due to more grip?

It's raining now - they have better grip than my CSC 3.

However, aquaplanning can be a problem but you take that into consideration and just drive. :smiley:

You need some time to warm them up - depending on the temperature, your driving speed. But not too much. With some 60km/h drive and a couple of turns they should be warmed up in 2-5min.

Of course there is a bigger amount of stress on the suspension, gearbox etc...but I don't do acceleration tests no more - did it twice - DAMN! If I knew how to catapult with those worn out CSC 3 you should see me now. :smiley:

But because of that stress I don't do it anymore, and the fact that the car doesn't perform as it used to/should.

I'm typing this as I drive...so if you want to know some more - MSN me! :smiley:

Oh, I've overlooked the "noise" part: Yes, they are loud and can be annoying - till the FIRST TURN and then the fun starts!

They sound like your wheel bearings are broke. :smiley:

Kinda surprises me that they perform so well in the wet but CSC3s aren't that good lol don't like the feel of them when in heavy rain (twitchy) and when pushing them they quickly get too hot and the outer sides.....omg arrghh :bored: can't wait for next year and new tyres :tongueout: deciding now if to get semi-slicks or Hankook RS2s :book:

If I see you on MSN I'll sure give you a ring :tongueout: not going to work next week cause I had my last two wisdom teeth removed on wednesday lol

What pressures are you running? I would advise for performance road use you try 1.8bar on the back an 2bar on the fronts.

On track I had mine down to 1.5bar upfront, after one 1/2 hour stint, pressure was up to 2.6bar!

What pressures are you running? I would advise for performance road use you try 1.8bar on the back an 2bar on the fronts.

On track I had mine down to 1.5bar upfront, after one 1/2 hour stint, pressure was up to 2.6bar!

I'm ashamed to say... 2.4 & 2.5bar...this is for road use only...

I know that those R888 have a tendency to inflate while on the track.

Brilliant aren't they.

Though like Roas said on track they heat up quickly and you need to keep your eye on them. I try not to do more than 20mins at my local track.

The car sounds like a jet when your slowing down from 30mph to a stop :lol:

Is your car running well now Raptor ???

Even for Road use, try the lower pressure...that will keep temperatures slightly higher and the wear of the tyre is more consistent. I´ve done around 20k mls with the Clio on Toyo R888, just want to share my experiences...

:thumbup1:

Have fun with em!

Even for Road use, try the lower pressure...that will keep temperatures slightly higher and the wear of the tyre is more consistent. I´ve done around 20k mls with the Clio on Toyo R888, just want to share my experiences...

:thumbup1:

Have fun with em!

I believe you - will do just that!

TNX for the tip. :thumbup:

Is it any faster now? :rofl::rofl::rofl::tongueout:

:jump1:

ManIAK gave you an answer.

Ofcourse. Now cut through the air as the bullet.... :tongueout:

Nice and fast car you got there mate... :thumbup:

It WAS fast, now it's slower by 5 lengths of a car than before, but still 4-5 lengths faster than the stock ones - tried out with 2 different 197's. :smiley:

Last edited:
A couple of my friends have persuaded me to try out the Grobnik race track inspite my brakes being faulty and my engine too :biggrin:

One of them has financed the trip :smile:kiss:smile:, and I did the track. :biggrin:

It was my first time on the track with the Clio - ever.

Ferrari 355 F1 1.53.xxx with co-driver (driver was a Croatian track champion, a WTCC driver)

30186_403555920749_150170810749_4043048_1939367_n.jpg

Renault Sport Clio 197 1.55.xxx with co-driver

I did only 7 fast laps and 10-15 cool down ones.

03062010682.gif

P6036272.gif

P6036273.gif

P6036282.gif

P6036280.gif

P6036274.gif

P6036453.gif

P6036449.gif

P6036437.gif

P6036426.gif

P6036418.gif

P6036405.gif