Renault warranty

Hi Everyone.
I am just about to buy a December 2012 clio 200.
Does anyone know how long the Renault warranty will be for please? I know that when I bought my 2007
197 it was three years, but that the latest models are four years, but when did it change? Anyone know please?
t

Should be 4 years on a 2012. Not sure on the mileage though, may still be 60,000.

Either way is whichever one comes soonest.

Should be 4 years on a 2012. Not sure on the mileage though, may still be 60,000.

Either way is whichever one comes soonest.

Only done 12000 so far, so if it's four years that would be great. Anyone know how I can find out for sure? If I asked a Renault dealer I suppose they would be able to tell me?

[MENTION=3002]-Eddie-[/MENTION] might be able to tell you. He works for Renault. My 2011 200 only had a 3 year warranty.

Hi Everyone.
I am just about to buy a December 2012 clio 200.
Does anyone know how long the Renault warranty will be for please? I know that when I bought my 2007
197 it was three years, but that the latest models are four years, but when did it change? Anyone know please?
t
Surely that's the least of your worries, can you fit another Clio on your car details section ?

if the car is reg 2012 come with 4 year warranty from new so now it got one year warranty left on the car.

if the car is reg 2012 come with 4 year warranty from new so now it got one year warranty left on the car.
Now I know that I'm a mere girlie, but I think that if it's a Dec 2012 reg and it does have a four year warranty, then it's got
nearly two years left now?

I'll be honest I thought all Clio 3's came only with a 60k/3year warranty but it seems most people in this thread have a 4year! I'll have to get a look into it to be sure.

Ok, here's the story. I did a deal for a Dec 12 registered 200 at a large dealership this week. As part of that deal they said that they would give me a one year warranty. I told them that that wasn't much use as the car still had almost a years Renault warranty. They said that they would give the one year extra on top of the Renault warranty. I thought that this was a reasonable offer, especially as I drive the car approx 40 miles a day, every day, and we did the deal. Thinking about it later, I realised that at some point Renault started giving four years instead of three and the next day phoned my local RenUlt dealer who confirmed that there was not only four years warranty on this car, but four years servicing as well. Result! I contacted the selling dealer to tell them this and to ask that the extra warranty be provided to start when the Renault one ended. They replied that their service department had established that it was three years warranty and four years servicing. So - I contacted Renault Uk with the car details and they confirmed that it's four years for both. Renault Uk are going to e-mail me confirmation of this which I will then forward to the selling dealer.
i would like to think that this is a genuine misunderstanding by the selling dealer, but it does make you wonder.........

i may may be a girlie, and I may have made a big mistake recently with a 200T which I hated, but I am not a complete idiot!

Four years. Unlimited mileage in first two, then up to 100k in years 3/4.

Glad you've found yourself a car you like. Enjoy :smile:

Yeah good on you for chasing it up and doing some digging. As you say, could be a genuine oversight, but then again, how many people have been sold short on used-car warranties....?