Replacement Front Coil Spring or H&R all round? (Cup Chassis)

luke197

Platinum Member
Hi Guys,

I know this has been done to death but here we go. My front OS coil spring has broke on the Clio, so I've got a few options. I can get a single second hand one for around £50. Not the best option but the cheapest to get me back on the road.

I have the Cup chassis so a pretty good set-up already, the other option for about £130 is to buy a set of H&R and replace all of them? Have people had good experiences with Cup dampers and H&R springs? Is it an improvement or does it make the ride more crashy?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers Luke

Have a look in the monster tread Luke, I'm using that exact combination and I've put a load of photos and a big review in there plus there's some information on my project thread as well about them. The quick answer is it depends what you're used to? I've never owned a car without track-orientated suspension so I probably have a better tolerance for stiffness than some people. Oo-er!!! It is a stiff setup but it's not back-breaking, it is better than standard to me in terms of reduced roll and pitch and I have never had issues with the car handling strangely or bouncing around etc..

Thanks Willis, il have a good read through both later. Pretty much made my mind up with H&R.

this happened to me, i opted for H&R all round, 40mm drop on front and 30mm on back. Feels better in my opinion, the ride is no where near as stiff