Replacing Standard Exhaust

I am wanting to put an akrapovic exhaust on my 200, but I am by no means a mechanic!

When I get the standard exhaust removed will it be ok to refit later or is it just scrap?

Cheers
Oli

yes, you can refit it, however, its not a simple clamp on and off. the standard system is a full 1 piece, so it needs to be cut off. so it'll have to be welded back on.

Just make sure it's a nice clean cut on the exhaust when they take it off and it'll be fine to re use at a later date.

Great thanks guys, I trust my mechanic as it's my girlfriends dad so I can blame him if it goes wrong!

Now to decide whether to burn the hole in my pocket or not...

Renault sell a sleeve to refit exhaust as I've just had mine done but you have to cut the original in the correct place no need for welding think there's 2 lines you have to cut in between when removing pretty sure the Akra instructions tell you were to cut.

Can the standard system be un-bolted at all? Would help for storage of it, don't think I have the space for the full length thing!

I put it back on because I traded my car in so I wasn't letting the dealer have a £1100 exhaust keep all your original parts so you can sell the upgrades on when you get rid of your car make some money back that's what most people do there's always someone on here that will buy them pal.

Thanks a lot :smile: Looks like the wallet is coming out soon then! where did you buy yours from? i was concidering just getting it from RS tuning and getting it mapped once they fit it?