Rolling Road Results from AmD, Essex

Went to have the Clio put on the Rolling Road at AmD in Essex yesturday. Was cool to see it run and i've allways wanted to know what BHP I've got before I start making too many changes. It has had the centre silencer removed and a K-Tec Panel Filter, and approx. 13,000 miles on the clock. I asked the guy there and he said that the results were from the Flywheel, so as far as I'm aware you need to take some bhp away for transmission losses etc?

Anyway, some pics and the graph . . . .

AMD.jpg

AMD2.jpg

AMDResultsGraph2.jpg

Results
Test 1 : Power - 210.6 BHP
Torque - 169.4 lb/ft @ 5739 Rpm

Test 2: Power - 212.8 BHP
Torque - 167.2 lb/ft @ 5739 Rpm

Test 3: Power - 210.4 BHP
Torque - 164.5 lb/ft @ 5739 Rpm

I'm not too sure what to think about the results, or how to work out what the figures would be at the wheels so Feedback, Suggestions, Opinions welcome! :smile:

212 from a panel filter and a silencer removal is (to quote moneysupermarket.com) EPIC!

Fook Me

people have spent 000's to get that

Haha! :smile: But thats the reading at the fly? I thought that the reading everybody goes from is the wheels? Im going to have it done on another Dyno soon to compare i think.

nice figures pal! i went to AMD when i had my S3 and the results were the same there as two other places were!
think I may do the same as you
what do they charge nowadays for a RR?

Hmm unfortunately AmDs dyno are getting quite a reputation for this now. I'm sure somebody will soon come along to confirm this.

I was run at 215bhp a couple years ago and with the same setup it 'only' achieved 196bhp at TDF. They even did a PFC issue with one of their 200 demo cars which was completely standard and it pulled 217bhp on the dyno!!!

You would have been much better off next door at Torque Developement International. Their hub mounted dyno really is quite special!

Anyway as many will state ( this forum is fast becoming a cock measuring contest with dyno printouts ) it's how it feels to you and not a set of rollers :smile:

To compare:

these ware my stock results

cliorsnonakrapovic.jpg

After the Akrapovic Evo @ remap we measured about 207 hp. The tuner expects to see 210 now, with the ecu fully learned in and the akrapovic that also has some 1000 miles now. (BMC Airbox will be mounted afterwards and we will measure it again)

I'll measure it within a few weeks.

I honestly do not think your results als real dude.

Yeah, as said I'm even sceptical about the results. I agree with Ben, I have heard that AmD's rollers were a bit giving when it comes to BHP lol and from what I've seen / heard about these cars, it is about the driveablity, I still think I'm going to have a remap and possibly a milltek exhaust, but that will be the extent of my modding i reckon. I'm going to book her in at another dyno to see if I can get a comparison result.

But if the results were at the fly and not wheel, then i think its about a 10-15% (dont hold me to this its just a rough figure ive picked up fom somewhere) reduction through the transimission so that would make it around the 190bhp mark which is about right when compared to other RR. I think it would be worth while getting the percentage lost through transmission figre right first then you can work out the @ wheel figure, and only then is it worth comparing to other RR. Until then the two are irrelevant!

cars looking good Nick!

Anyone else quoting 190bhp area is also quoting from flywheel.

Nick did they supply you an at wheels figure? I got 182bhp @ wheels on AmD rollers.

Cheers Roger! :smile: And Ben they didnt, just the flywheel figure, I asked whether the figure was at wheels or fly and he said fly. I saw something on another forum saying to work out the difference between the two you minus 10bhp and then multiply it by 0.84. Not a clue why, but mines works out at about 170, going by that calculation? If it actually means anything lol