roof dents

Look like someone has thumped my roof leaving 3 dents. Is it easy to remove the lining to get to them?

I would leave to experts, try dent removal guys as they suck the dent back out and usually doesn't cause damage to paint.

Most travel so case of google your area

trying to push out by hand requires panel beating skills as so easy to make worse.

I would leave to experts, try dent removal guys as they suck the dent back out and usually doesn't cause damage to paint.

Most travel so case of google your area

trying to push out by hand requires panel beating skills as so easy to make worse.

Cheers mate. Im just tinking of removing the lining for them to get at them. There only small but very annoying as I see them everytime I walk to the car

The ones I've seen advertised say they don't need to get behind as they use suckers and either pull back out or use vacuum to pop back out.
http://www.f1dents.co.uk/
Never used these guys but shows you the tools they use & go to gallery then hover over dent show after repair

Were in the roof is the dent?

If it's above one of the side windows or above the door thay would not have to remove the lining, taking the seal from around the door frame they should be able to get their tools in to manipulate the metal if need be.

Were in the roof is the dent?

If it's above one of the side windows or above the door thay would not have to remove the lining, taking the seal from around the door frame they should be able to get their tools in to manipulate the metal if need be.

there around the drivers door around 3 to 5 inches in just above the door piller (cant spell)

I have used Dent Vanish before (northern company and I don't know where you are based), but I would recommend them, took a dent out of my door and I cannot even notice it now... And I can be quite particular!

I have used Dent Vanish before (northern company and I don't know where you are based), but I would recommend them, took a dent out of my door and I cannot even notice it now... And I can be quite particular!

cheers. not that north though. im in macclesfield

yeah just looked in manual and it is a pig to remove to so much to do and if you got a 200 looks like it's got airbags in front pillors as well as rear pillors (think cup has this excluded) as mention again about disabling before attempting to remove trim due to it going off.

Also it's keeping true to form being a pig to follow what to do
but looks like

you need to cut open carpet under center console to get to airbag ecu then disable it with that diagnostic tool.
then note about removing headlining strip one side only
then windscreen pillar trims + visors + any accessories (assume that'll be mirror and lights)
then remove c pillars trim
then remove if fitted centre seatbelt and magnetic clip
then it says 2 persons required to remove headlining in one peice from rear of vehicle looks like it's velcro'd in

Off topic.. If you look on the Gallery of that website the before and after pictures.. They are not actual before pictures, looks like original and then some photoshopping to add a dent?

Off topic.. If you look on the Gallery of that website the before and after pictures.. They are not actual before pictures, looks like original and then some photoshopping to add a dent?

that's a bit naughty then but tools they use are legit, but typical site I find for an example is fakers :smile: bloody internet

just hooked mac up to my monitor to get better view and some do look real, can see damaged/ cracked light on the before on X3 and after repair it is new light, nissan van/pickup looks genuine, 2 of the top 3 agree could well be shopped

Last edited: