Roof wrap

Im thinking of getting my roof wrapped in a gloss black finish but need some pics of cars with this done so I can what area it is done to, especially the top of the boot, so if you could post some pics to help it would be apperciated, Thanks

Mine was slightly different in that we left the tailgate section and the roof strips white.

11797221206_ac3cc90d5a_b.jpg
see that is how I was thinking of doing it, although i dont have a cup spoiler there is a smaller one on the car and maybe hard to wrap, both look good!

I have just done the boot strip and side strips, pretty much the opposite of above!
car2.jpgcar3.jpg

Fitted my spoiler more recently, sorry I don't have any better pictures!
Still not sure whether to do the whole roof black or not yet.

Just get it painted in Renaultsport metallic black. A wrap looks crap after 6 washes. Cost to paint is the same as wrapping

I've got a glacier white 200 and had roof wrapped in gloss black in February.

I'd say go for it! Worst case scenario, if you don't like it, it can just be peeled off. In my humble opinion, it still looks friggin awesome, especially with the black speedline alloys. I'll take some photos at the weekend, if you're still interested.

Regarding which parts to get done, the guy who did mine (auto-pro motorsport Deeside, Cheshire - highly reccommended) said that he could do whatever I wanted eg. leave the roof rack bits or not, same with the top of the boot. I had the roof rack bits covered but left the top of the boot white - partly because I have a white elia/k-tech sprint rear spoiler.

Personally I wouldn't paint it, so much harder to go back if you don't like it rather than just peeling it off!

I've got a glacier white 200 and had roof wrapped in gloss black in February.

I'd say go for it! Worst case scenario, if you don't like it, it can just be peeled off. In my humble opinion, it still looks friggin awesome, especially with the black speedline alloys. I'll take some photos at the weekend, if you're still interested.

Regarding which parts to get done, the guy who did mine (auto-pro motorsport Deeside, Cheshire - highly reccommended) said that he could do whatever I wanted eg. leave the roof rack bits or not, same with the top of the boot. I had the roof rack bits covered but left the top of the boot white - partly because I have a white elia/k-tech sprint rear spoiler.
do you have any problem with scratches to the vinyl?

I have found the wrap scratches easier but at the end of the day you can replace it and it is protecting your paintwork from any scratches whilst it is on.

Would it not be possible as a half way house between painting or wrapping the roof, paint it with plastidip? I've no experience with it, but i've been toying with the idea of using plastidip to do my roof black on my nimbus!

Would it not be possible as a half way house between painting or wrapping the roof, paint it with plastidip? I've no experience with it, but i've been toying with the idea of using plastidip to do my roof black on my nimbus!
keep seeing about this plastidip but what actually is it and can any joe bloggs do it?

From my rather basic understanding it's a kind of polymer/rubber paint. Can spray it on and then it peels off of you change your mind! supposedly doesn't damage your paint either. You can buy spray cans of colours, and then there cans of different finishes. Such as glossifier, metalizer, and pearly kind of finish as well.

But like I say I have a basic understanding but don't hold me to anything! Some on here though have had experiences using it :smile: