Rusty Breaks

Hey guys...

ok i need help from all you detailing geeks!

my break calipers are rusty, it is the only thing that lets the car down,

any sort of polish, cleaner etc that can resolve this problem?

cheers in advance

gav :thumbup1::thumbup1:

is it the caliper or the base of the disk as i had the same problem took the wheel of and scrubed with auto sol came up mint and found it was painted black underneath from the factory lol,it was just rust that had setled on it from the preveous owner not using the car much 2k miles last year lol

yup just like i just said i did mine couple of days ago remove the wheel and use auto soll or just skrub it with wheel cleaner,if it dosent come of then it mite need painting buy some matt black hamerite from halfords and paint it youll never know

tip for you here grj. axel stand. but engine in gear so it trundles along with no wheels and just hold a wire brush to the disk cleans them up really nice.

theres nothing u can put on the disk that keeps them nice but doesnt reduce breaking efficiency.

While your on the subject of breaks, i want to clean up my calliipers. Thers brembo callipers and are silver galvernised coulour. (boring i know :tongueout:anic:smile:

They have few spots on them - tar spots n general grub. Anyone know the best stuff to give them a good clean up with that'll leave them gleaming? :lol:

Cheers guys

believe it or not... a clay kit from halfords, it will remove all the tar and dirt,

mcguires is ur best bet

First try brake cleaner and a rag or then tar remover and a rag clay I think is too dear for the job