Scratch Removal

I was polishing the car at the weekend and spotted some scratches on the back bumper, Im pretty sure they werent there when I bought the car a few weeks back. I reckon somethings cliped the bumper in a car park (not me honest!). To be honest they are only light surface scratches, but Im a perfectionist so want it perfect. So I was wondering if anyone has used these dent/scratch fixing companies that come out to you? If so are they any good, paint match etc.? Also a rough price on a patch of light scratches maybe 1" across, Id say its only the lacqour (sp).

I would try and polish it out first but if you can feel it with your finger nail then it will likely not polish out.

What I would be tempted to do would be to buy some 2000-3000 grit sand paper and gently sand the scratch then polish the area and see if that removes it.

I have a dig on my bumper where a stone or something has hit it, was going to use chipsaway but I don’t the like the idea. So I purchased some paint from pants4u and I’m going to have ago over the weekend.

let me know how you get on, dont think I'd fancy painting my own car tbh. Im still a little unsure about trusting a pro to get a good paint match lol!

Ye I know what you mean mate.

Paint was only £10 so I fault what the heck, did a test patch and it looks like the colour is 100% spot on.

Will do a little post if all goes well.

As Matt has said best way to start off would be to try and polish it out. Someone did this to me and has taken it down to the black of the bumper :worried: not a happy boy.

I managed to get some quite bad scuffs out with polish before so its doable, you just need to make sure its only the clear coat, if it is then you really shouldn't have a problem.