Sealing Cam Cover Bolts?

Well ever since i picked my car up from the independent dealer its leaked alittle oil from the bolts that hold the cam cover in place.

I took the car in yesterday and they've cured several from leaking, but not bothered with the ones under the plenum :angry:

Anyway, rather than forcing them to do it, i've decided to do it myself, i presume its just a case of remove each bolt at a time, clean with degreaser, run alittle sealer under the head of each bolt and re-tighten?

Anyone know the torque setting for the bolts? And also the part number for the plenum gasket you can see in the attached picture (courtesy of rg197r27 :wink:)

If you look carefully you can see one of his bolts weeping oil to the left of No.1 spark plug coil :001_huh:

Attachments

• engine1.jpg
    engine1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 56
mine seeps oil from there too dude, renault quoted me £746 to fix it hahahahaha.

you wana see the state of my engine lol

Mine's the same, it's such a tiny amount though so nothing to worry about.

For the gasket, Craig sells a PTFE one which should help reduce intake temps

Thanks for the advice 8)

The reason for the high cost of suring is because the "Renault" way is to remove them all at the ame time and replace the cam belts at the same time, its a full days job, hence the £750 to do it :scared:

No one know the torque setting for them then?