shakey's 400hp Cup

Don't know the total for parts as I don't dare look haha, but tried to get everything as cheap as possible from reputable companies.

Labour wise I did the majority of the work, I built, manufactured or fitted everything minus the intercooler & turbo brace welding, the remap work and the coilovers.

Brilliant job!

Brilliant set-up Andy, that torque pretty much holding flat (give or take a few) from 4000rpm to the red line must be amazing !

Just to give an update.

Now run about 500miles since mapping: Cold starting seems good, hot starting is okay but need a few more turns to start -think this is just due to the injector size. Car pulls very well in all gears, although is more laggy than previous setup, so pays to drop a gear. Fuel consumption seems unchanged, if anything slightly better (currently at 38mpg!!).

I'm setting the boost controller up at the moment for boost per gear. Next addition will be a further uprated clutch setup, as you can smell it has been slipping slightly when parked after pushing hard.

-Andy

Great thread/car. I used to frequent Fiat-Forum so I'm really interested to see what you did the Seicento. I know the 1242 8v can turbo well, but 197bhp?! Is there a build thread somewhere?

The 1.2 8v I built was originally designed for running 32psi boost and 250bhp, but the guy I sold it too only runs low boost.. I never did a build thread, but should have some photos about somewhere.

Only just catching up with this thread. That's one hell of a car you've cobbled together Andy! 393bhp must be absolutely insane in a Clio! Well played sir.

Only just catching up with this thread. That's one hell of a car you've cobbled together Andy! 393bhp must be absolutely insane in a Clio! Well played sir.
Very much so, I remember watching a video of a megane 225 boosted to 420bhp, it was insane! Can't imagine what your car must be like Andy!

Car is finally going in for meg box shortly and tougher clutch and billet flywheel..

On another note, found the car is so quick through the low gears if you hook it up that the rev counter lags behind actual engine speed -hah

-Andy

Imense.Nice work!

May I ask what clutch you are going to use?

Car is finally going in for meg box shortly and tougher clutch and billet flywheel..

On another note, found the car is so quick through the low gears if you hook it up that the rev counter lags behind actual engine speed -hah

-Andy

I have a megane with forged engine and contemplating which turbo to choose.gtx2867 or gtx3071.how lagy gtx3071 feels in real word?

I have a megane with forged engine and contemplating which turbo to choose.gtx2867 or gtx3071.how lagy gtx3071 feels in real word?

I'm happy with the gtx3071 (have a look at the dyno print out on page 25 -makes over 150lb/ft from 2500rpm), but if you want to run at 400 thereabout bhp then the 28 would be a better option. The best option if you can get parts fabricated to suit would be a borg warner EFR 6758, country mile in front of the garrett

Yes I'm aiming for 400.EFR is really good yes, but is also very big and it is very hard to squeeze it behind the firewall and engine.It is alsno known to brake easily.
After you will change to Helix clutch will you raise the boost some more?

Last edited: