Shuvs Mrs trials and tribulations...........

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
I was busy at work last Friday - looked at my phone to see missed calls from the wife.

And a text to say her car had been hit by someone reversing into it. Badly. And the driver had left the scene. She was not happy and quite upset. Didnt help the Police where no use whatsoever.

So Friday night on the way home from work i take a drive as we are pretty sure where the dude lives. I turn up - his car is in his drive.

So i park across and block the entrance. Walk into his drive and start taking pics of the obvious damage on the back of his car.

Then things all got a little "weird" with initial denials etc. Along with a story of he thought he'd bumped the curb, and the chaps at his local car-wash had noticed the damage when he popped in that day on his way back home. Yea....likely story. Anyway - he soon caved in :smile:

So: Wifes car:

IMG_4961_zpse6rznh18.jpg

Better view from side - this is how it was reversed into (Note the amount of Silver paint transferred):

IMG_4962_zpsc2zg7r6i.jpg

And the offenders car. To be fair - the strong corner of his 'lump' - hit the soft spot of the wifes smaller Yaris. Also not not a single drop of red-paint on his car only a few hours after the collision - and after he'd taken for a "car-wash". Do i look like i was born on a Christmas tree ?

IMG_4959_zpsrj671gs7.jpg

Well today i also noticed it appears he's hit the wifes car so hard - its pushed it into the curb on the opposite side and killed the wheel. Now thinking there could be axle damage etc etc. And he didnt even notice he said. I thought i bumped the curb he said......

IMG_4967_zps6fgfpezq.jpg

We were going to take to a paintshop - as he initially said he'll pay cash. Only place this is going now is a main dealer.

Nothings ever simple !!!

Looks like he has the money for a nice private plate, but not the decency to admit his own fault. Good job on going round and getting him to cough up on the initial repairs! I'm guessing you'll be taking the insurance route now? Funnily enough on the way home, the car in front of me rear ended the one in front of it. Nothing happened as both cars were erm... **** and they just carried on with their journey.

^^^^

Absolutely.

Also just been up and found the scrape marks on the curb where the wifes wheel had been knocked into it.

IMG_4968_zpsb5e2ilsu.jpg

They all will try to get out of it..good police work Shuv..don't let him get away with it..fingers crossed..

Sorry to hear about all that Shuv, what a nightmare. It's good you tracked him down though and can get on with sorting it, although not the hassle you need! There's some dishonest a-holes in this world...

***Cars been written off. Body and axle damage = £3058.88 !

Cripes - what a head-fu**...............Cant find anywhere online to get valuations without entering passwords, emails, phone numbers , bank details etc etc

Anyone know a site where i can get an instant valuation easily ?

Sorry to hear Shuv..never had to deal with this kind of stuff..fingers crossed mate

Just to update - Got offered a ridiculously good settlement figure on the wifes car today....way more than seemingly book value for a car of that age and condition (Like £1500+ more ?).

That stuff NEVER happens to "you" does it. Its always someone else. Anyway wifes happy as you can imagine.

Lets hope chq arrives suitably quickly so we can move on and get sorted.

That's a very good outcome for you both Shuv, very glad that it's worked out in your favour in the end :thumbsup:

As you say, always a sweeter bonus when it comes unexpectedly - a bit of good fortune out of it all. Thought about getting a Lottery ticket this week?? :wink: