Shuv's 'triple-whammy' car nightmare......

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
Im gonna share something with you guys that came to fruition Monday (My Birthday). Its complicated and i'm happy to talk / answer questions - but i'll try to keep the initial post short as possible whlst giving all the info !

My eldest son (20) got into a relationship with a divorced woman 3 (?) years ago. They are still happily a couple - but the ex husband took offence from the start. Big time. My son got assaulted by him, got threatened by him, lost a job because of him, got harassed at another place of work, was getting 40 calls a night on his mobile, was being slandered on social media, had his emails broken into and a holiday cancelled etc etc etc. This list is long and pretty much endless........

Amongst this he had his tyres slashed twice on our driveway. So we put up a CCTV camera. Me and the wife then came out one morning and noticed damage to the sons car. We then looked and her car and my car had been attacked too. Aswell at the sons girlfriend (The guys ex-wife) car at her house as some point too. All looked to have had large amounts of superglue poured over them, and all had been severely scratched on multiple panels.

We looked and had "some" of it on the CCTV cameras, however as at that point they were mainly positioned to protect my eldest sons car - as all previous damage had been directed solely at him. And because of the shape / parking situation at our house - getting coverage of all areas would have involved many cameras being put up. So we didnt have clear footage of ALL cars actually being attacked.

Anyway we of course immediately recognised the person doing the damage on camera - and it was of course the ex-husband.

This was on 19th December last year and can you believe after eventually going backwards and forwards between us, him, Police and CPS a Court date was set for Sept 12th this year ! At the start of my holiday week and on MY BIRTHDAY ! So you all know how i spent my day Monday !!!!! Terrific.

The great news is though that although we didnt have clear footage of all of our cars being damaged, (in the same manner and on the same night however) - he was found guilty of damage to all of our 3 cars (Judges do have some common sense it seems !) and also an assault charge. He is now going to Crown Court in 3 weeks to be sentenced. So looks like it might be a big fine, a stretch inside and some compensation. Damage to the cars alone was over £8'000. Whether loss of earnings, stress etc will be added to that i have no idea. And he still has 2 other offences pending. So this will only add to the pile. Lovely i say !

Some pics (Close your eyes if your a car fan of any sort):

Elkie%202_zpsjone5ehn.jpg

Elkie%203_zpsojwgsyxq.jpg

Elkie%205_zpspbwy5sri.jpg

Syer%201_zpstroeaau3.jpg

Syer%202_zpsetjqdxuj.jpg

Syer%203_zpsy7srmcbq.jpg

Syer%205_zpsp4uazlcu.jpg

Reece%205_zpsi2g2wsys.jpg

Reece%204_zpsyjrstg4l.jpg

Reece%203_zpsaijflufe.jpg

Reece%201_zpsdvr8ytr3.jpg

Reece%202_zpsnlukfc4t.jpg

Jane%204_zpsytf4hh1q.jpg

Jane%203_zpsmi8ansug.jpg

Jane%202_zps2pvqvwem.jpg

Jane%201_zpsoh8edfkg.jpg

Last edited:
So sorry to read the above and see the awful pics. What a complete t0sspot. I will cross my fingers that he will be sentenced accordingly but my faith in the justice system is not that great. I hope at the very least it will bring closure to the episode of abuse for your family. I have been through a similar episode to your son when I got together with my wife. Highlights include her ex chasing me around the centre of Prague with a knife one day which was a tad frightening. He also crashed into my company car while I was working in Prague. Work were not happy! It's all behind us now and hopefully for you too. Not sure how the process works but are you able to provide some sort of victim statement for the judge so that he is fully aware of the stress this has caused you all so that he can sentence accordingly? Good luck!

Reactions: sevenfourate
So sorry to read the above and see the awful pics. What a complete t0sspot. I will cross my fingers that he will be sentenced accordingly but my faith in the justice system is not that great. I hope at the very least it will bring closure to the episode of abuse for your family. I have been through a similar episode to your son when I got together with my wife. Highlights include her ex chasing me around the centre of Prague with a knife one day which was a tad frightening. He also crashed into my company car while I was working in Prague. Work were not happy! It's all behind us now and hopefully for you too. Not sure how the process works but are you able to provide some sort of victim statement for the judge so that he is fully aware of the stress this has caused you all so that he can sentence accordingly? Good luck!

Thanks for the support and well-wishes buddy.

Yes - we've all done a PVS (Personal Victim Statement) and i believe they will be the last thing's that gets read out in Court before sentencing, so as to make maximum impact and let the Judges see the effect his actions have truly made.

Reactions: Gordini
Wow. Just wow. Looking at the pictures made me cringe :S.

Glad that he was found guilty, sounds to me like he deserves any punishment that comes his way and then some... and then some more.

Seriously what is wrong with some people. Bloody awful story that, there are some real scumbags around.

I mean harassing your son is one thing, but to then take it out on you, when really you have nothing to do with the entire relationship. I know people get jealous and crazy but really no excuse to start assaulting people and damaging property/items.

Glad you got it sorted and lets just hope he gets what he deserve. Lets also hope he drops plenty of soap in prison.

Seriously what is wrong with some people. Bloody awful story that, there are some real scumbags around.

I mean harassing your son is one thing, but to then take it out on you, when really you have nothing to do with the entire relationship. I know people get jealous and crazy but really no excuse to start assaulting people and damaging property/items.

Glad you got it sorted and lets just hope he gets what he deserve. Lets also hope he drops plenty of soap in prison.

Quite. He's also given my wife some pretty serious abuse. And this being his ex wifes boyfriends son. I mean what the fook ?

Hes a big guy and tried to intimidate. Failed with all of us - and the smart people did nothing and let him drop himself in it. Like he managed very nicely.......

What a horrible thing for you all to go through, I'm very sorry to hear you've had to experience it all. It does sound like he's got a screw loose if he's gone to those sorts of lengths.... No one likes to see an ex get with someone new, but that's just ridiculous. Hopefully justice will be served, and the correct level of it.

Brave of you to tell us the story Shuv, although I imagine it's perhaps done you some good to get it all off your chest. I hope you are all doing ok now.

What a horrible thing for you all to go through, I'm very sorry to hear you've had to experience it all. It does sound like he's got a screw loose if he's gone to those sorts of lengths.... No one likes to see an ex get with someone new, but that's just ridiculous. Hopefully justice will be served, and the correct level of it.

Brave of you to tell us the story Shuv, although I imagine it's perhaps done you some good to get it all off your chest. I hope you are all doing ok now.

Im fine mate, and always have been. Thanks for the support though..............

We just let justice take its course and its worked thankfully. Didn't want to mention on any forums, social media etc until after the case for obvious reasons.

What with this and the extremely bad timing (Before the Court case) of the wifes car being written off in the hit-and-run - its been a bit of a bad time car-wise lately !

Im fine mate, and always have been. Thanks for the support though..............

We just let justice take its course and its worked thankfully. Didn't want to mention on any forums, social media etc until after the case for obvious reasons.

What with this and the extremely bad timing (Before the Court case) of the wifes car being written off in the hit-and-run - its been a bit of a bad time car-wise lately !

You've had rotten luck recently... Hopefully the fact that you're so happy with the second remap of the 200 has started a turn in the tide when it comes to luck! Really glad you're ok mate, it's a lot of nasty stuff to have had to go through in such a short space of time.

You've had rotten luck recently... Hopefully the fact that you're so happy with the second remap of the 200 has started a turn in the tide when it comes to luck! Really glad you're ok mate, it's a lot of nasty stuff to have had to go through in such a short space of time.

Truthfully - me and the wife are and always have been solid and my kids are happy and healthy. He cant ever break that, despite whatever goes on in his head.

Anything else is just 'peripheral' annoyance........

Reactions: Jimmy
Shocking story.
Hopefully a stretch in Nick will calm him down and make him see how pointless his actions were. Feel for you and your family.
My son is a similar age and can't imagine what that would be like to experience.
Hope for you this draws a line under it now.

What a sorry excuse for a human being. I remember years ago one of my mates started seeing a lass that had just come out of a bad relationship, he ended up having paint stripper poured over his car for his troubles a few weeks after. Some people are just downright petty jealous idiots when it comes to ex partners. You do have to question how mentally sound and stable such a person is that's for sure. How old is this guy out of interest?! If he's 30/40 something then that really is pathetic and you'd think someone a bit older would know better!

Jesus just read this! Can't imagine what your son and family have gone through. He might be a big man but he is obviously a coward. Hope he gets what he deserves learns from it and leaves you alone.

Jesus just read this! Can't imagine what your son and family have gone through. He might be a big man but he is obviously a coward. Hope he gets what he deserves learns from it and leaves you alone.

Thankyou very much.

His Crown Court date is this coming Wednesday. Lets hope justice is served.

Well today was the day of my car-scratching friend's sentencing. I thought today was going to be a good day. But:

At 5'oclock i heard from someone that Ipswich Crown Court had no record of the trial - so nothing happened !!! ???
I dont know the full story yet as victim support / the policeman i need to speak to had all gone home by the time i knew and made attempts to contact them - and this is kind of third hand: but it appears the case wasnt heard.

No big deal though. Hopefully he wasted a day going there. Hopefully he hired an expensive solicitor (And will presumably need to again). Hopefully he can s**t his pants a bit longer. And hopefully justice will be served !

What i did hear today from the Police - was that amongst all the other stuff he did (And im not sure if i mentioned earlier)....he ordered some stuff from Amazon on his ex-wifes (My sons now girlfriends) account and tried to get away without paying. One of which i believe was a very large top of the range TV's and one was a £7k (?) Coffee machine !!!

I know electronic stuff such as phones, i-pads, computer were taken away from him for testing by forensics; and it now appears in relation to that he was charged with 4 counts of fraud and one of affray last month :smile:

So MAYBE the Courts dismissed my stuff today / pretended they didnt have it on their system in a bid to collate everything together in one hit further down the line.

That will be the 4 cases he's already been found guilty of and the further 5 he's facing.

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions