Silverline 180mm rotary polisher

Just got one of these off eBay but need to get pads, can anyone advise on what I need, soft or medium, I'm new to machine polishing so think I'm going to practice on a scrap panned first

If your new to machine polishing a rotary can cause more damage than it fixes. Dual action polishers are a great starting place for machine polishing. Anyway back to the question at hand, have a look at the Menzerna system (polishes) and the Chemical Guys Hexlogic pads. You could also look at the 3M system fir both pads and polished.

I'm going to practice on a scrap panel before I do my own car basically do I just want the softest foam pad and least abrasive polish ?

Its always best to start off with the least abrasive and work up if you need more bite. Some of the Renault paints are rock hard and require an aggressive combination (ultra red) for example where as others are pretty soft and require a delicate touch. You'll soon know what you have when you start working on it.

Ok mate the Velcro backing plate is 180 mm so what pads have you got this size or would you advise changeling to a smaller plate and pad

Ok mate the Velcro backing plate is 180 mm so what pads have you got this size or would you advise changeling to a smaller plate and pad

Yes, I'd advise changing to 150mm pads and 123mm backing plate. You could also get some smaller 'spot pads' and a smaller backing plate if you wanted to, but this isn't essential.

We have a new Dodo Juice delivery arriving early next week which will include some newly released 'fin cut' pads.

If you send me an email (md@monsterdetail.co.uk) or PM, I can send you some more information/prices on a set of pads and a backing plate.