So, my car went on the rollers today.....

And did absolutely crap........ 162bhp & 124 lbs ft torque, what the fudge is going on?

My mate seems adamant that's it's the ported and polished throttle body letting too much air through and it's cocking up the AFR. He said I either need to get it mapped or put the standard TB on.

Any advice?

And did absolutely crap........ 162bhp & 124 lbs ft torque, what the fudge is going on?

My mate seems adamant that's it's the ported and polished throttle body letting too much air through and it's cocking up the AFR. He said I either need to get it mapped or put the standard TB on.

Any advice?

Put it back and RR it again is the only way to find out what is going on !

It is the only way to be 100% sure !

Is the induction kit strangling it? This happened to someone else's and TDF sorted it.

You need a constant and to eliminate recent changes it needs to go back to when you thought it was "OK"

Then dyno again

I have no idea about the maxogen, I don't think it's strangling it. I don't feel like the induction kit has slowed the car down at all, I haven't felt ny loss in performance since fitting any of the mods. I just wish a custom map was cheaper as don't have the money at the mo to take it to RS Tuning

Removing the mods and dyno'ing it again is the only way to check that they aren't affecting the car, as A2on has already said.

I have no idea about the maxogen, I don't think it's strangling it. I don't feel like the induction kit has slowed the car down at all, I haven't felt ny loss in performance since fitting any of the mods. I just wish a custom map was cheaper as don't have the money at the mo to take it to RS Tuning

The car has an issue , mapping it is no solution !

You need to find the cause of the problem

we have established the solution but . . .

im curious ? did you fit the Tb and the induction kit at the same time ?

sounds like there's a bigger problem than the mods you've done,there's no way you'd lose that power with an air filter and TB unless it wasn't fitted right at all,mine ran more than that at rs tuning with the vvt mapped out,paul mapped it out by the way out of interest to see what difference it made and it was pretty big,around 35bhp,could be a timing issue

Engine fully warmed up

Fitted the TB and a few days later the Maxogen went on.

What creates a timing issue and how is it fixed? I'm not mechanically minded sorry

if you've not noticed any power drop then its not yr mods,even if the filter had lost u power it would be minimal and you'd never feel a couple of bhp,not fully clued up on timing but i no that if its not right it can cause a lack of power

Thats a low figure even for these crappy cars. But if your happy with how it goes dont worry too much about chasing dyno figures, all they get you is bragging points.

Think I will phone RS Tuning on Monday and explain the situation and mention you opinion on the timing and see what says, no harm in asking.

I agree Ben but something worries me with it being really low. If it got 175 I wouldn't be worried, gutted, but not worried

Why not take the car out for 15 mins get a feel for it then come back and swap the Tb and induction kit over start it let the ecu learn it again and take it out again if it feels better then there is almost some home diagnosis any any tuner is going to need to see it before they can help so if you can go to the phone with as much info as possible you will be in a better place for them to help via phone