Some Goodies Arrived - Beading Pic Added

Ashton

200T Test Pilot
Platinum Member
Ordered a few bits from CYC to add to my ever growing collection

Car is coming up to 2 years old now and although it gets washed rather aften there are a few swirl marks in the lacquer now. Even though the Storm Grey hides them rather well

xaark.jpg

went For the DAS6 Pro DA instead of a rotary

I think i have enough in my man-shed now to get my paintwork up to standard for the summer

:smile:

A

Last edited:
Which DA polisher did you go for? is the DAS6 the Kestrel one?

I am considering buying my first ever DA polisher and was not sure which one to go for as a machine polishing beginner...

Oink, IIRC the DAS6 (inc. Pro) go by lots of names, and are regularly re-branded. AFAIK the Kestrel, CleanYourCar etc units are the same design, just different colours/stickers on them.

I've got the Das6Pro with the Menzerna kit and I'm happy with it as a starter kit :smile:.

Nice collection Ashton, really wanting one of those EZ detail brushes, cleaning my wheels drives me nuts!

The EZ brush is great though the large one is a touch to large for the speedlines I've found. Bought the smaller one and its perfect. Just watch for the rubber end cap falling apart/coming off as the metal underneath could cause some real damage.

I shouldn't have too much of an issue with the ez details brush as I now have ultraleggeras.

I'm really intrigued to see what the Diablo foaming wheel gel is like

Nice.

I'm going for the Megs G220 as it's got cruise control and the reviews say this is very useful.

You working tomorrow?

I've read about way to many issues with the Megs machine over the years to ever full trust one of them. That 'cruise control' thing sounds like something to go wrong. The DAS6 pro is a great machine and has been the bench mark for affordable DAs for years. Also if your putting on so much pressure that the speed is slowing down your putting on too much pressure.

Last edited:
Goodies Arrived (Beading Pic Added)

Here is a quick pic i took yesterday

30iv14g.jpg

1 pass with the 5" Meg MF correction pad and compound
1 pass with the 6" Meg MF finnishing pad and glaze (this stuff smells lovely)
DDJ Supernatural wax

If you look realy closely you can see the reflection of the house behind me in each droplet

The DAS6 Pro is so easy to work with. Combined with the specific compunds to work with the MF pads i think my roof came up great concidering it was marred with swirls and water spots

A