spacers???

seen a few with spacers on here now.i dont really want to go as far as the 25mm, a 16mm-18mm would be much better for what i want.any reccomendations and good prices?

thanks in advance

I had 17mm on my Clio, but now I have 8x17 ET55 Ultras that are like 19,7mm spacers.

Looks great, drives great.

tbh i never noticed any difference, but then again i was lowered anyways.

tbh i never noticed any difference, but then again i was lowered anyways.

Me too. KW V3.

Noticed the difference on the wheel and in one pretty hard turn that I had to do on my way to work. It seems like it had less body roll.

Iv got 25mm spacers all round and i havent noticed any difference at all.

16mm eibachs on mine, got them from larkspeed along with longer wheel bolts.

Didn't notice any difference in handling

Might be a daft question but on the Larkspeed site do you buy the Eibach's individually or are they priced as a pair??

Wheel spacers of one of the biggest rip-offs going.. you could machine one with a CNC machine for £3, but they sell them for £70 or something daft.

I was speaking with a friend here at work, who just happens to co-own a CNC plant in India... he said if I can get a spacer he can mass-manufacturer them and have them shipped over to make us both a few quid.

Personally, I would go thicker than about 12mm with longer bolts, after that you need the 'double hole' type which bolt to the hub, then the wheel bolts to the spacer (if that makes sense!?)

Rich

"Hubcentric Spacers" are the best ones to get really. Cheaper ones can also have an effect with getting a wheel wobble, similar to if the wheel balancing was out.

Had a customer in work with a scirroco that had just "normal" spacers on, and kept getting a vibration, and we checked the wheel balancing a couple of times for him, and he even went somewhere else to make sure it wasnt our balancer lol
He changed them to hubcentric ones and hey presto, wheel wobble gone.

HTH :smile: