Springs or Coilovers??

Cough *standard* cough!!! :smiley:

I think I was the only one running with a full tank of fuel for the timed session hahaha!!! Was determined to not have to stop at the services on the way home, still it's debatable how much difference the weight would've made, certainly wouldn't have shaved more than a second off... But track tyres might have, Conti's definitely aren't upto warm track temps. Bloody good in the wet though.

Anyway... Coilovers have their advantages, it's a personal thing wether you can justify the cost or not and it's hard to judge that from the outside looking in. If you can get them for the right price then they're worth it, depends what you're going to be using the car for or how often you're going to be driving it hard. In the case of Litchy, considering he got brand new units at a 70% discount, I'd have to say that even if he never goes on track then he's still made the right choice in buying them. Bang for buck!!! :thumbup:

Last edited:

I think I was the only one running with a full tank of fuel for the time session hahaha!!! Was determined to not have to stop at the services on the way home, still it's debatable how much difference the weight would've made, certainly wouldn't have shaved more than a second off... But track tyres might have.

Hang on youre about 150kg lighter than me

Last edited by a moderator:

I think I was the only one running with a full tank of fuel for the timed session hahaha!!! Was determined to not have to stop at the services on the way home, still it's debatable how much difference the weight would've made, certainly wouldn't have shaved more than a second off... But track tyres might have, Conti's definitely aren't upto warm track temps. Bloody good in the wet though.

As standard as yours mate, we both have a zorst, you have a V6 airbox and I got Apex springs. I was running about quarter tank for my fast laps but yes tbf the difference was prob my tyres and my balls.. Lol

I had the wife learing over my shoulder when I was filling in the form in. couldn't let her discover the car slush fund. Lol

Back on topic, lowering springs are fine for stance and track but can be very crashy for everyday use.

Going off your sig, do you sell Ohlins coilovers for the Clio? Can you PM me a price?

Thanks

If you can get them for a good price then why not.

I was going to invest in some Spax coilovers but think I'll wait for BC to bring some out

If you can get them for a good price then why not.

I was going to invest in some Spax coilovers but think I'll wait for BC to bring some out

How long do you reckon the wait will be? Toop has a set of spax, I thought it felt like sitting in a sponge being in the passenger seat, yeah ok no body roll but just felt quite floaty so to speak.

Going off your sig, do you sell Ohlins coilovers for the Clio? Can you PM me a price?

Thanks

Ohlins don't do an off the shelf kit for the Clio and as yet they have no plans to either but you can get a custom set made up, I can look into this but you are looking at 3K plus

How long do you reckon the wait will be? Toop has a set of spax, I thought it felt like sitting in a sponge being in the passenger seat, yeah ok no body roll but just felt quite floaty so to speak.

I'll get onto them this week and keep badgering

Last edited:
Why not?

What did you chose and why, what spring rates did you opt for compared to OEM, how did you set them up and how did you quantify your handling improvement.

1st time around I went for H&R fixed damping height adjustable only. 2nd time around we have KW Clubsports with adjustable top mounts with compression, rebound, height, camber and castor adjustment.

Spring rates? Can't mind off the top of my head though I have the info on the computer.

How does one quantify handling improvement? I'd say they allowed faster entry and exit from corners (Only tested them around Knockhill). Car cornered flatter. Less nose dive when braking hard (Also have bigger discs, more focused pads, fluid etc).

Ultimately a better on track experience and faster lap times.