Sprint booster trouble..

Has anybody else had trouble with there sprint booster? I've plugged it in and its bringing my engine management light on and tell me to check ignition, check ASR and staying in limp mode. I plugged it in to my mates diagnostics machine and it was displaying an inlet manifold sensor fault that wouldn't clear, So i unplugged the sprint booster and it cleared. Has any body else had the same trouble or have any idea of what it might be?

My engine went into limp mode 3 times tonight.

I wasn't using it at the time, on all 3 times I was just crawling but why would it be that??

My engine went into limp mode 3 times tonight.

I wasn't using it at the time, on all 3 times I was just crawling but why would it be that??

I've had a problem with my clio which I have put down to the sprintbooster. I fitted it no more than a month ago but twice within the last week have had the spanner flash up with the message 'injection fault'. The first time this happened I was pulling up to traffic lights and when pulling away it would barely move at all and then stopped all together. After switching it off and on it was completely normal again, no loss of power or anything - at the time it was on the green setting of the sprintbooster.

So after that I switched it off all together and a couple of days put it on when the car was warm. However, yesterday 40 miles into a journey round the M25 with the sprintbooster off, sat at 50 with 3 miles of roadworks left, the 'injection fault' came up again. At this point I started panicking as I had 3 miles of roadworks left with no hard shoulder as it was being used as a lane! Similar to before, when pressing the throttle there was nothing, but, it wasn't losing power and just sitting at 50. So I rode my luck and swapped lanes to avoid braking and not being able to gain speed again but obviously the inevitable happened and had to brake. However, after braking the car would bring itself back up to 50 again, the same speed it was at when the fault came up. The best way to describe that is the same as when you have cruise control on and you brake and it brings it back up to the set speed again. Thankfully I got to the end of the roadworks, switched off and on, and it's been completely fine again.

My next question is what people's sprintbooster lights are like when it is off, ie not on the green or red setting. When mine is 'off' you can see a faint constant flashing green (I will try and put a video up), I didn't know whether everyone's did this?

If noone really comes up with much I will completely take it off and see if it happens again, but I'm hoping its just the sprintbooster playing with the electrics even when off?

Cheers guys :smile:

Last edited:
This is why I don't have a sprint booster fitted. Messing with a fly-by-wire system is asking for trouble. JoshV's motorway incident quite frankly scares me!

Saying that, until now I've only heard great things about the sprint booster so I hope it gets sorted!

To be fair, it hasn't happened again to me since that night.

And yes you can still vaguely see a light when it's off.

Cheers guys, I may take it off tomorrow and just see if it does it again. If it does ill see what fault code is being logged, but having had the car for 2 and a half years nearly and it not done it before the sprintbooster, I'm sure it's something to do with that

Same happens if you catch the pedal and pull it upwards slightly it sends the potentiometer out of range.it should be 0.5volts on tickover and raises to 4.5 volts at full throttle if it goes less than or more than 0.5 or 4.5 volts the car goes into limp home and flags injection fault

This is why I don't have a sprint booster fitted. Messing with a fly-by-wire system is asking for trouble. JoshV's motorway incident quite frankly scares me!

Saying that, until now I've only heard great things about the sprint booster so I hope it gets sorted!

What happened to Joshv? :blush:

What happened to Joshv? :blush:

post No5.

I had a problem when I fitted the SB, but that was with the SB itself. It wasn't working properly, it wouldn't go on red mode but even on green there would be no difference in throttle response. I had that replaced and since then touch wood I've got no issues.

They seem to be a bit temperamental it seems...If I had the issues mentioned in previous posts though I'd send it back straight away...

Same happens if you catch the pedal and pull it upwards slightly it sends the potentiometer out of range.it should be 0.5volts on tickover and raises to 4.5 volts at full throttle if it goes less than or more than 0.5 or 4.5 volts the car goes into limp home and flags injection fault

Cars been fine ever since with the Sprintbooster off. I've put it back on again and had no problems, so think it may potentially have been that one of the bolts weren't done up tightly enough and caused this problem

i dont know if anyone one knows, but your not suppose to activate or deactivate the sprint booster while pressing the accelerator, it messes up ecu or something

i dont know if anyone one knows, but your not suppose to activate or deactivate the sprint booster while pressing the accelerator, it messes up ecu or something

Someone said not to do it while in motion.

I only ever change it when at a stand still.

Someone said not to do it while in motion.

I only ever change it when at a stand still.

Always tended to do mine at traffic lights if changing settings. Think my problem was down to a loose bolt on the throttle when I put the sprintbooster on originally as I've had no problems since with it both completely off the car, or now I've put it back on but tightened the bolts better :smile:

Always tended to do mine at traffic lights if changing settings. Think my problem was down to a loose bolt on the throttle when I put the sprintbooster on originally as I've had no problems since with it both completely off the car, or now I've put it back on but tightened the bolts better :smile:

Same here going from green to red I would always announce

"Warp speed Mr Worf!" :smiley: :smiley: