standard 197

Hi guys sorry its another 197 questions thread

Looking for some advice on a 197 I looked at today it was a 58 plate 2009 with 56000k on the clock and 8k

Anyway when I viewed it had white wheels not what it had on its ad also when should the cambelt be done I've heard they are important and expensive

Is 8k too much for this car what advice can yous give me to haggle the price down can I argue that the ad had silver wheels too

How does the standard 197 compare against the cup is it a big difference

Thanks guys

Firstly welcome mate
£8 grand for a 58 is steep for a FF 197.Cambelt change 5 yrs or 72000

I don't think 8k for a 58 plate is expensive, just about right but not with those miles on, something about 20/25k miles for that price.

Thanks for the replies guys

It's Arnold Clark linwood ford a red one no link sorry

Is it worth waiting on a 200 8k is my limit

I've recently purchased and £8k seems alot of cash for the mileage, for £8k I was looking at cars with sub 35-40,000 miles.

In the end i ended up going for a slightly newer 200 as I had seen that many rough & overpriced 197's (no offence to any 197 owner whose selling atm, just my experience purchasing in my neck of the woods) that the 200 i looked at came across as MINT!

Wait for the right car, the right spec & the right history/mileage & you won't regret it, even if it is a pain in the proverbial walking everywhere for a couple of months...I haven't.

With regards to haggling, don't be afraid to upset them, go in low even if you feel it's offensive..you can always work money up but not vice versa. And remember pay what you feel it's worth you CAN walk away, there are loads of cars out there lol

Is it from a dealer or private?

If it's a dealer car i think the price is reasonable, although it's miley, i'd rather it have circa 40k for that money.

Private sale i'd say 7500.

I'd hold out for one with the Cup chassis.

When i bought mine i offered a grand less but was told no way could they take that.

Two days later they called me to offer it at £800 less, i got it for £940 less with a tank of fuel in the end.

think it is quite expensive, i no its different age etc but i picked up a 56 plate 197 35k on clock with cambelt etc all ready changed for 5.5k

I paid sub 6k for my R27, granted it is due the belts later this year and was on 57k but even after doing the bits it needed its less than any other R27 I could find at the time.

seems like you got a good deal there !

It helped that the guy was going travelling the next day, if he sold the car he was going for 12 months, if he didn't he was going for 6. It was originally up for 7K! lol

Desperate sellers FTW!

You will get an early 200 for 8k in the not too distant future. Close to that now for a buyer who needs to sell.

I paid 8800 for one just over a couple of months back. Less than 30k miles, perfect condition, new tyres, just serviced - needed new pads.

Hold out.