Standard fuel Pressure

TB Rich

Paid Member
Need to know what the standard in tank reg is, I think it's a 3.5bar one? Anyone know for sure or seen any documentation?

Cheers

Yep I think so too, but I think tbh I'm going to have to test eveything aswell.

Reason being is the good news is SC have the fixes in place for the fuel gauge and the avg mpg etc, but where I've changed injectors we need to apply a scaling and work out the maths to make it work for my car. Renaults fault for choosing to base the level guage off the same maths as the mpg computers, I think it would be much better to have it running independently from that with a good old level gauge in the tank ffs!!

So I'll need to stick my injectors in an ASNU injector machine, but I need to know what PSI to test them at.
How easy would it be to test the fuel pressure on the Clio do you think, can you get a temporary gauge to connect in via the Renault quick connect plugs?

Yep I think so too, but I think tbh I'm going to have to test eveything aswell.

Reason being is the good news is SC have the fixes in place for the fuel gauge and the avg mpg etc, but where I've changed injectors we need to apply a scaling and work out the maths to make it work for my car. Renaults fault for choosing to base the level guage off the same maths as the mpg computers, I think it would be much better to have it running independently from that with a good old level gauge in the tank ffs!!

So I'll need to stick my injectors in an ASNU injector machine, but I need to know what PSI to test them at.
How easy would it be to test the fuel pressure on the Clio do you think, can you get a temporary gauge to connect in via the Renault quick connect plugs?

Oh right, I'm guessing the meg ones flow more. Yeah just put a t piece in the line with a gauge and it should give an accurate reading.

Yeah I got them from R-sport as R3 Maxi injectors, turned out to be Meg 225/230's like I suspected and yep bigger - though not sure exactly how much bigger.

I thought I'd stick them in as I know I'll be needing them come the next updates and I had hoped being on this injector now might make mapping quicker if I just stuck ITB's on as a quick upgrade before the rest of the bits....... however, turns out that's not really going to work as I'm told even without changing the cams & timing, the ignition maps will still need doing as the ITB's will change fueling enough to the point that ign will need addressing.
Bugger, so much for a quick fix. I'll be doing the whole lot at once it seems, but as long as I keep the same injectors and FPR I won't have any fuel gauge issues because of course they'll be calibrated and more tuning will just increase the pulse times.

TB Rich, in cup cars once the vehicle’s electrics are switched on the amount of fuel is recorded by the fuel tank gauge and is subsequently decremented by the ECU based on the time injectors are open and their fuel flow rate. Does SC calculate fuel left in the tank in the same manner?

Yep I gather like you have said the standard ECU sends the pulse widths of the injectors and the dash itself calculates it all, a further complication for me was of course my injectors are bigger so open less than the regular ones would for the same power. Therefore they have built a scaling algorithm into the software now and so like OEM the SC sends the dash corrected pulse widths and the dash does the calculations from there.
Only thing I don't understand was why the level wasn't accurate each time I went to ignition, but without the CAN coding I guess wierdness happens.

Net result though is they are sending me a new ECU to swap over :smile: Bloody good support so far from SC.

@jacool Your PM's are full mate, just replying to the CAN/UCH stuff......

So I spoke to them briefly about the ECU in a car without the UCH body module etc, and they said that the CAN coding on the ECU they have will still operate the various bits like EPAS even without UCH. Essentially the UCH body module responds to the ECU switched outputs as relays do - so your wiring will need relays in place where the UCH would have once controlled things, but the CAN coding itself for EPAS etc is in the ECU so they thought it wouldn't be an issue to sort yours. I would suggest to get in touch though.

@jacool Your PM's are full mate, just replying to the CAN/UCH stuff......

So I spoke to them briefly about the ECU in a car without the UCH body module etc, and they said that the CAN coding on the ECU they have will still operate the various bits like EPAS even without UCH. Essentially the UCH body module responds to the ECU switched outputs as relays do - so your wiring will need relays in place where the UCH would have once controlled things, but the CAN coding itself for EPAS etc is in the ECU so they thought it wouldn't be an issue to sort yours. I would suggest to get in touch though.
My electrician is sorting it out for me but if he fails i'll try decoding Cup racer's CAN or give SC a shout, thanks anyway