Steering problem

Now I know my small stabiliser link , opposit side of hub to track rod end has play and I'm not sure if it's this, but when I turn right my steering has loads of play asif I'm aqua planing and then all of a sudden it will grip?? Any ideas

err i got to get myself under the car and take a look, i think something has gone loose due to the cobbled roads in the city i live in :worried:

It's well weird like u turn the wheel and not a lot happens then u all of a sudden get pulled round the corner very bezar

Inner rack ends maybe? Change the stabiliser NOW though as this could also be the cause. It's only a 10 minute job!

tried mole gribs and got nowhere fast,even jacked the car up on the joint and couldnt get the ******* thing off. might get the angle grinder out!

tried mole gribs and got nowhere fast,even jacked the car up on the joint and couldnt get the ******* thing off. might get the angle grinder out!

Just a word of warning, the new one doesn't come with new nuts (unless you bought them too?

Where did you get the linkage from out of interest? Renault I asume?

I looked round for ages to try and find an aftermarket supplier (Lemforder make them, but won't sell them to me!!) They are damn expensive from Renault for what they are!

i assume we are talking of the small anti-rotation links on the front hubs?

if they are worn it will be making the steering geometry wrong when you are turning...

i assume we are talking of the small anti-rotation links on the front hubs?

if they are worn it will be making the steering geometry wrong when you are turning...

Yep that's the one (little linkage, like a short anti roll bar link but horizontal)

I've got one knocking it's tits off atm, and i'm getting a slight 'vaugeness' to the steering. I've got a worn inner rack joint too though so that could be contributing.

i know they dont come with nuts, luckily im an engineer so i machined some! they are a stupid renault thread too!.. i got mine of karl from on here :smile:

well i changed the stabaliser link, still the same problem so i investigated further and it appears my bottom balljoint from lower arm has significant play in it, so back to the garage its going i imagine as i cant see this being that cheap to fix!

It's well weird like u turn the wheel and not a lot happens then u all of a sudden get pulled round the corner very bezar

i have had this, turned out the the wishbone bolt had come loose and needed to be re torqued. never had the problem again.

I noticed it when on throttle not accelarating turn in and you seem to be using more lock, come off throttle and it fires you towards the hedge