steering wheels pics please

i have had my clio for a few months and today on a long drive i was trying to get the cruise control to work, but failed

i found the switch on the near your right knee for cruise control and speed limiter i think but then the four buttons done nothing when pressed or held in...

also my wheel has a red stitching line in the centre at the top

i have a black 197 56 reg i will post pics of my wheel tomorrow as i think it may not be the correct one for the car and when changed the buttons werent connected????

cheers steve

Cruise control is a two step process (and is the same for speed limiter)

push the dial button on the right hand side in the row of buttons, this will light up a light on the dash and change the reading to say either 'Speed Limiter' or 'Cruise Control'

If you are travelling at more than about 25mph, you can hit + on the left and it will set your speed to what you are currently travelling at.

if you hit the buttons on the right (I cant recall what they say) but top is 'on' and bottom is 'off'

I'll try to get a pic :smile: Blimming cold outside at the mo!

cheers for that mate, i dont have the manual which would tell me little stuff like this which is annoying, also i noticed tonight on way home that my puddle lights are always lit when i looked down whil driving...

i will have to try your cruise instructions tomorrow mike

Right hand ones are R and O I think, must be something french I presume though I've always thought of them as Re-call and Off but I didn't read the manual anyway :tongueout:.

also while i got some clever responses, whist driving today as i hardly use the clio i done about 100 miles going here and there which is the most i have done in the clio since i had it, i had the heater on 27 pretty much for the whole time is it just me or are the heaters crap??

Heaters are brilliant takes 3-4 minutes and it hot

Mine isn't that quick but after about 15 minutes it's nice and hot.

Also pretty impressed with the heated windscreen & rear de-mister as today it rained then went to get in car tonight (-2'c) all the water had frozen on the car and they cleared the ice very quickly.

Although that was after i managed to get the door handles to work and got in as they'd locked up with frozen water over them.

right well i thought the heater some what lacked as i had it on 27 most of the time on fan speed two, although i did notice the engine temp was on 1/4 of the dial if you get me, and i aint exactly a southern fairly i work offshore and am well used to the cold just the misses said she was cold and i though yeah its not exactly warm in there.

and surrey paul i take it when you said heated windscreen you was talking about the rear???

right well i thought the heater some what lacked as i had it on 27 most of the time on fan speed two, although i did notice the engine temp was on 1/4 of the dial if you get me, and i aint exactly a southern fairly i work offshore and am well used to the cold just the misses said she was cold and i though yeah its not exactly warm in there.

and surrey paul i take it when you said heated windscreen you was talking about the rear???

assumed it was heated as the way it started clearing the ice off of it, tonight 1st time I've needed to use de-mist and the way it started was in 2 spots in middle/middle of the screen which then worked out in all directions, never seen a screen clear like that

badly worded, yes heater (fan) de-mister on front works very quick, previous cars usually takes ages to even clear misting this started to melt the ice and completely cleared screen in under 4 minutes

Similar Thread Suggestions