strange dents/ripples

I have got strange dents and ripples appearing on my roof. They are just above the door pillar about 1 to 6 inches in. Went to see a dentman and he said its caused by body flex and the strengthening beam. Has anybody else got them? They are hard to see but Im very fussy.

I have got strange dents and ripples appearing on my roof. They are just above the door pillar about 1 to 6 inches in. Went to see a dentman and he said its caused by body flex and the strengthening beam. Has anybody else got them? They are hard to see but Im very fussy.

There's a beam that runs across from to door pillar to door pillar for strengthening so wouldn't of thought roof skin be under any load or stresses in that area unless welds on that beam have weakened, but to check that you'd need to remove headlining.

which way do the ripples run front 2 back or side 2 side?

Think it's gonna be a case of removing head lining to take a look, as beam is bonded to roof then possible if it's moving then the roof could ripple. Also where it is bonded if say it was only bonded in places and roof at extreme temps. hot /cold could expand/shrink then where it is bonded it wouldn't move and where it isn't it could and that produces a ripple.

Think it's gonna be a case of removing head lining to take a look, as beam is bonded to roof then possible if it's moving then the roof could ripple. Also where it is bonded if say it was only bonded in places and roof at extreme temps. hot /cold could expand/shrink then where it is bonded it wouldn't move and where it isn't it could and that produces a ripple.

Its got to go to the dealers Friday so might ask them to look. If they dont I'll be taking the lining out to investigate if the bonding is the problem.
Perhaps I'm being to fussy but seems strange and dont want it to get any worse