Stuck wheel bolt :(((

Hi guys,

Long story short I was cleaning my front callipers this afternoon and when I tried to put the front wheel on the passenger side back on 4 out of 5 bolts went in fine. However the 5th bolt went in only so far and now I can't get it further in or out either!!

It's about 3-4 mm from being all the way in where it should be but as said I can't get it out now. I am worried about what I may have done to the hub :worried:.

Getting the bolt out I'll be able to sort out at a garage but replacing that part of the hub if I need to will be very annoying.

Any advice? Not sure if the part of the hub that the bolts screw into can be bought on its own or not?

Thanks.

Sounds like a cross thread. Problem with tyre places these days is sodding rattle guns which wind the bolt in anyway even if it's cross threaded.

Yeh I think you could be right there. The thing is how much will it cost to fix! I can't seem to find that part of the hub eg just the metal part that has the 5 holes in listed to buy on any parts places. It is just a bit of metal right? Part of the overall hub I guess.

Thanks foxspeed, does this mean for certain they can be bought separately without having to buy the whole assembly etc?

Going by that drawing looks like it comes with the bearing (dotted line) may only be able to get the hub and bearing separately via r-sport in Wimbledon

This is what I'm afraid of.

I have a great relationship with Renault in Peterborough and I'm currently sitting waiting for their diagnosis.

Kind of hoping that a bit of air will whip it out and won't cost me too much but we will see :worried:

With a ratchet.

They're currently trying to re-tap the offending hole as there is still threads in there. They've said I've damaged the first two threads.

Would it be possible to ask please if you can get that new part (17) on it's own when you next speak to them?

Cheers

Yes don't worry I will ask them as it's going to need one just been told. They've tried to re-tap it but it's not having it unfortunately.

Would it be possible to ask please if you can get that new part (17) on it's own when you next speak to them?

Cheers

Not sure if renault sell it but R Sport do sell it separate, you can buy on its own or already pressed into a bearing, something they keep in stock, on the spares lorry incase you don't have a press at the track.

2 mins i'll get you a price

7711160424 Front hub 92.96 plus vat

7711163597 hub pressed into a bearing 158.39 plus vat

Surprisingly that's about what I've been quoted for the parts, slightly more I guess because it's a main dealer but not a million miles away. Then the labour on top of course.

All being well I'll have the car back Wednesday night or Thursday morning.

Did contemplate getting the wheel bearing done on the drivers side front as well as the other is being done but then saw the price on top and thought I'd leave that for more fruitful times shall we say. Touch wood it won't need doing any time soon.