Supercharged 306bhp GW197 T333DOB

Ads for supercharger and oreca exhaust will be going up tommorow. Its now officially the end of the project and hopefully someone else will take the supercharger and go further than me [emoji106]
On the lookout for a 200t if anyone knows of one for sale

Sounds much better, I'm getting 20mpg on the motorway haha. Around 40 is what I'm looking for so sounds good

I get 42MPG doing 55MPH. While it's a fair extra miles long distance, if you like your money, you'll cope. Understandable though :smile:

been held up today guys but off work tommorow. the charger makes it hard to get a decent mpg at any revs ive reset it and stayed under 3k and only got 22mpg. the air is increased massively so the fuel does too

Sorry, not been on the forum in a while, yes i sold it around June/July last year although dont know if the guy who bought it ever got it fitted.
Had a 200T for 6months after that and really just did not like it +if it was not for the warranty id have been forking out for a lot of small parts that seemed to fail.
Have a Megane 265 cup now and i love it :smile:

Why did you sell the SC?
Needed something reliable and cheaper to run while i was working further away from home, ended up commuting with a colleague since christmas though so went for the megane [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what were your impressions?

Very Quick, accelerated so quickly.
I miss it but dont miss the fear of it going pop. Glad i did it but if i was to get another 197 id go down the turbo route although im looking forward to tuning the megane atm

Needed something reliable and cheaper to run while i was working further away from home, ended up commuting with a colleague since christmas though so went for the megane [emoji4]

Hi may I know which shop is selling a new rotrex sc kit for clio 197?

Megane engine is ideal but prefer something of a more reliable setup running not more than 250hp

megane engine will be way more reliable than bolting a supercharger onto the F4R, not to mention more cost-effective. By the time you've lowered the compression (which you will have to in order to make it even halfway reliable) by fitting low-comp pistons, then had the pipework done, taken care of the ecu etc, the megane engine makes more sense. Plenty of meganes, and megane-engine clios, running 270-280bhp and 290-300 ft lb with no reliability problems.

Any links mate?

Just seen it's for the Clio II, my bad :oops:

megane engine will be way more reliable than bolting a supercharger onto the F4R, not to mention more cost-effective. By the time you've lowered the compression (which you will have to in order to make it even halfway reliable) by fitting low-comp pistons, then had the pipework done, taken care of the ecu etc, the megane engine makes more sense. Plenty of meganes, and megane-engine clios, running 270-280bhp and 290-300 ft lb with no reliability problems.

Just seen it's for the Clio II, my bad :oops:

My impression of the meg is that there is alot of conversion to be done properly. Like the wiring loom.

My greatest problem is that a engine transplant in my country is highly illegal. The risk of getting caught and all the undermine problem is too much to handle.

My impression of the meg is that there is alot of conversion to be done properly. Like the wiring loom.

My greatest problem is that a engine transplant in my country is highly illegal. The risk of getting caught and all the undermine problem is too much to handle.

ah no worries, didn't realize you were from abroad. The only company I've heard of doing a supercharger for the clio was Jamsport, but they royally ****ed the guy's car up, so he fitted a megane engine instead.

ah no worries, didn't realize you were from abroad. The only company I've heard of doing a supercharger for the clio was Jamsport, but they royally ****ed the guy's car up, so he fitted a megane engine instead.

I had experience with rotrex before and highly recommend to anyone who is looking for decent gain without having too much conversion nor nightmare. But it is so difficult to find a properly measured kit for renault and having to fabricate the kit is as gruesome as meg transplant.

Thanks dude. I will check with Jamsport to see what they can offer.