Supercharging Route?

No its definatly not as simple as bolting it on! Nah not forged yet, building will be starting soon on other engine, torque is 227lbft

What have you found more sensible? Turbo or Supercharger?

I dont know if you have heard of Craigs supercharged Ph1 172 engine that has 320+ IIRC, obviously there is a couple of differences in the engines but that is very reliable and really shifts,

he says that it still feels like a N/A engine but a much bigger one

9118428217_c0c6688b60_b.jpg

Pretty much the feel I want. I can't deal with nasty surprises especially a torque kick if you're going around a corner.

i had this email from k-tec about a month ago...

"Hi Aaron,

We hope to have our supercharger kit available towards the end of the year and there are some details of the kit available here: http://www.k-tecracing.com/news.asp?b=true&nav=2

We are just about to test our new ecu which is the main part we are waiting for which will allow the cars to be easily turbo or supercharged or even fitted with throttle bodies. Once the ecu is available we will than have the supercharger kit available and updates on testing should be available in the next 6-8 weeks.

Regards,

David Kirk"

Didn't they say this about 2 years ago...?

It's been a very long time. With KTEC's reputation for mapping, do you think their labour will be any better?

Pretty much the feel I want. I can't deal with nasty surprises especially a torque kick if you're going around a corner.

you'll not get any nasty torque kick at all. The megged cars run like a factory fitted car not like an F40 on an ice rink :wink:

You'll only get as much boost as your right foot allows.

I'd be budgeting for better discs/pads too with the higher speeds you'll need anchors for

Interesting. Who does the mapping typically?

Not really about mapping. Your only looking at around 300bhp and 300lb torque which although fast in these cars is not massive amounts that'll get you in trouble.

Put it this way the clio chassis loves the extra power with no adverse effects, you can floor it with no torque steer and virtually no lag so as mentioned your right foot is the controlling factor here in driving these cars.

As also mentioned you need to think about upgrading the brakes with some decent pads. The ongoing costs are also more expensive as everything will wear quicker.

Not a cheap mod at all

It's been a very long time. With KTEC's reputation for mapping, do you think their labour will be any better?

I'm assuming this is the Gen128 which I believe is a GEMS ECU but with a plug and play wiring harness to interface with the canbus on the Renault properly. Assuming it works as intended and the dash functions properly, you should have the option take it elsewhere to be mapped.
I don't know much about GEMS personally but they'll undoubtedly be somewhere mapping them to a high standard.

Don't forget semi-slicks only on the front.

I don't understand yours or Gez's reply?

TB Rich, would they need to base map it at KTEC or can you just drive it out of there and get it done elsewhere completely? My AFR's on my TCE were shocking before it's 4th cylinder popped.

I was thinking more in general the fact it could be mapped anywhere. Assuming you had ktec perfom the S/C conversion, then you'd need a map to drive away, also the map would I assume be locked. - But neither of those things would stop you from getting it mapped elsewhere. I've had a DTA standalone fully mapped 3 times, budget around £500, I've paid between £450 to £650 for mapping alone each time. But **** my TB'd car pulled like a train so worth every penny, mapping makes or breaks a car.