Swap Clio with a E46 M3?

If you know the guy well enough, why not suggest a swap for a week or so? You'll know after that if the M3 really is what you want.

Thanks for your comments. I've driven a M3 on a few occasions (friend had a black SMG). Still for me the best sub 10k all rounder out there. Yep expensive when they go wrong but no more than a bloody Clio (yes I said it).

I haven't fallen out with the Clio, just the prices are falling like the proverbial stone, so big decisions need to be made soon to fund the what next.
Also, I've done the whole finance thing before in the distant past, and currently dont want to be paying out on a car that I know I'm gonna end up taking to bits and replacing half the stuff the manufacturer put on it in the first place. My clio's running gear and engine are like a new car. Engines only done 8k'ish and suspension not been on 6 months.

In the future, just gonna sell it first, and then tell people after what I've moved on to (lol).

Last edited:
Yep, i think they could drop nicely to the 30-40k mark but at 22 with 2 years finance left on the 200 i think A) my insirance on a GTR at 24 will be...very high and B) it would be more sensible to save for a place rather than a GTR, may have to compromise and go for a black 265 trophy after the 200, saying that, the most sensible option of all is stick to the 200 and take advantage of paying no more on finance each month.

Wouldnt mind one of these either though.... http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...orghini-aventador-lp700-4-v12--12-reg/1563286

i used to love the GTR till i drove one

was so gutted. mental fast but i just found it horrible to drive :worried:

There aren't many cars that I'd be tempted to swap a Clio like yours for Litchy, but I think an E46 M3 in CSL silver is probably one of them. I've read several articles claiming that a solid, manual one is a sound investment (over 10+years) as they're the last "proper" drivers M3. A little like the how the E30 is considered to be the perfect "old school" M3, the E46 is the last "analogue" M3.

...That and I'm also curious how an M3 owned by you would turn out :smiley:

Maybe a different story on track

i just didnt like the size of it. Driving round town was.....wel....erm. Pants

much preffer my nimbleness of my clio rather than 1.8 tonne of japanese metal