swapping cabasse (cd changer) head unit for aftermarket

Hi everyone, just wondering is it a straight forward swap for the cabasse cd changer head unit to a aftermarket one with all iso adapters and aerial etc?

I like the look of the alpine and the new JVC one and obviously want to keep the steering wheel controls

Thanks

Carl :smile:

My experience was a ballache... Check whether you have a box under the drivers seat - if so that's where the aerial runs to so you need to extend that to the dash. I took it to a car audio place locally and they installed the head unit I bought for £20 - totally worth it for me.

hey, its not too bad changing the cabasse head unit over but you can't have steering controls as nobody makes the proper connector for the steering controls to go to an aftermarket headunit.

hey, its not too bad changing the cabasse head unit over but you can't have steering controls as nobody makes the proper connector for the steering controls to go to an aftermarket headunit.

This is untrue. You'll lose the head display but steering stalk controls work fine.

oh really i didn't know that, car audio direct told me you can't get a cable for the steering controls. what do i have to do to get steering controls as i haven't got them in my 197 with the new alpine i put in.

Yeah I bought a connects2 adapter but the guy that fitted my headunit told me it didn't workable and when I phoned car audio direct they told me it wouldn't work which is annoying.

Sorry for the hijack OP

Similar Thread Suggestions