Swapping from standard to recaro seats

ryan t

Gold Member
I've got an opportunity to swap my standard seats to recaro's and was in need of some information about the airbag setup on them what would I need to do to stop the airbag light from coming on? Also the car that would end up with my standard seats would need to be left without any issues with the airbag s too. Is it possible and an easy job or is it not worth the bother?

I believe it's a straightforward swap from one car to another. There are a few threads knocking about if you want to have a search, however this one may be of some use to you.

Its easy mate, though a lot easier with 2 people, I did it on my own and it gave me awful back ache for several days. After fitting them I took my car to rs tuning, who plugged their computer in and told the car to only look for two seat airbags opposed to the 4 that the original front seats would have (that took him about 10 minutes). So long as you've got a 3/8 socket set you should have them fitted in the hour. There's plenty of info on here if you're unsure on anything.

Last edited:
It's really easy to do m8. Took me half an hour in a macro car park in Aberdeen lol. The air bag issue you would either have to put resistors in or as @ the ant said delete the air bags out the rcm module.

I've got an opportunity to swap my standard seats to recaro's and was in need of some information about the airbag setup on them what would I need to do to stop the airbag light from coming on? Also the car that would end up with my standard seats would need to be left without any issues with the airbag s too. Is it possible and an easy job or is it not worth the bother?

Hi mate I wouldn't bother with the resistors I just turned my air bag light off with a bosh kts machine I configure the rcm module to without having osf nsf seat lap air bags that is the ones on the recaros that are missing then the restraints control module won't look for them.