Tailgate Rust

I noticed a bit of rust under the rear wiper arm last month... Wasn't too impressed so I took it to my local renault dealership to have a look at.

aaf60a3df5b650297182d1a3083b442a_zps78085447.jpg

We think that the window has been fitted too low and has rubbed against the paintwork, ultimately letting water under the paint and causing the rust bubble.

So, just had word back from Renault this morning to let me know that it will be replaced/repaired under warranty. Good news!

not sure why everyone worries so much about warrenty claims, never had an issue in 10 years with a claim.

That look like been painted before. You got a better pics?

Don't think it has...

ed3a657174a1da89b10cebd939d516d1_zpsb9521c8d.jpg
a21a92d7586bfc9781526df7533eab02_zps4797eff6.jpg

That's the best I can do, given the lighting and an iPhone!

Worrying isn't my thing, if the warranty didn't cover it then it would've been less than £100 to fix it....not exactly a fortune.

That looks bad.

The Renault I go to are crap at warranty claims and have a excuse for everything. On my 133 paint is comin off the bonnet took it to there body shop and the bloke said nope it's where you have left bird crap on there and it's burnt through the paint. I never leave bird crap on my car.

Second trip was my strips over the car that came on the car are peeling off on the roof yet again the bloke said nope there's something under the strip making it peel off

That looks bad.

The Renault I go to are crap at warranty claims and have a excuse for everything. On my 133 paint is comin off the bonnet took it to there body shop and the bloke said nope it's where you have left bird crap on there and it's burnt through the paint. I never leave bird crap on my car.

Second trip was my strips over the car that came on the car are peeling off on the roof yet again the bloke said nope there's something under the strip making it peel off

Go to another dealership. I'm my experience, not just with Renault, it's all about getting the right guy at the right time!

I had the same issue in the exact same place. The paint was flaked off when I brought it so don't know weather it had bubbled like yours and then been picked at. I got the whole tailgate sprayed on warranty. I spoke to the guy in the body shop and he said that on some Clio's the rear windscreen is a few mm too low out of the factory and this causes build up of water in the said location. Your not the only one. Glad your getting it sorted just make sure they blend the new paint with the bumper properly :tongueout:

Don't think it has...

ed3a657174a1da89b10cebd939d516d1_zpsb9521c8d.jpg
a21a92d7586bfc9781526df7533eab02_zps4797eff6.jpg

That's the best I can do, given the lighting and an iPhone!

Worrying isn't my thing, if the warranty didn't cover it then it would've been less than £100 to fix it....not exactly a fortune.

That looks bad!

Did you had the car from new?

Can I take it to any Renault even if it has no body shop?

As long as its not a Renault Minute. I've been refered to a local bodyshop for the repairs, which is fine with me as I know the quality of work there is great.

Giles, nope. It's had a few other owners - I've only had it for a few months.

Nimbus is a difficult colour to match between the bumpers and metal panels, hopefully this bodyshop will sort it... I'm glad I'm not the only one this has happened to!

As long as its not a Renault Minute. I've been refered to a local bodyshop for the repairs, which is fine with me as I know the quality of work there is great.

Giles, nope. It's had a few other owners - I've only had it for a few months.

Nimbus is a difficult colour to match between the bumpers and metal panels, hopefully this bodyshop will sort it... I'm glad I'm not the only one this has happened to!

That's good to know then
Are take it to the other one near me

Hey that's exactly the same spot as on mine!, I only found mine last weekend when washing it needless to say I will get the dealership in house body shop to look at it for me and see if it can be repaired under the paintwork warranty?

Well, that's my car in the body shop now. Looking forward to the end result - I just hope it gets sorted properly.

In the mean time, I've been given a courtesy car.... And I can't say I'm that impressed :/ (besides it having zero, and I mean 'zero', fuel in it to begin with).

cbceb6ddc2f3f9c942cc0253d8608b12_zpse2208cc0.jpg

What a step down from the clio! Incredibly slow and incredibly vague. You can literally select any gear at any speed, it's amazing!! It would make a fantastic city car, however. But unfortunately I don't live in a city so this certainly doesn't make a very good car!

I had the same problem, as said before they will adjust your rear glass up a few mm as some have been put on to low, mine was all sorted under warranty and mines a 56 reg!