Terrible dyno result

I don't have the graph but yeah the machines were bolted to the hubs.

at this stage I'm just trying to gather up things to check that could be causing a drop in power. Spark plugs, faulty manifold, belts/timing check, and maybe crankshaft sensor? Anything else?

I don't have the graph but yeah the machines were bolted to the hubs.

at this stage I'm just trying to gather up things to check that could be causing a drop in power. Spark plugs, faulty manifold, belts/timing check, and maybe crankshaft sensor? Anything else?

I realise it was bolted to the hub. What I'm asking is if the 155hp figure is the figure at the hub or the figure at the flywheel?

if that is the figure at the hub then their is nothing wrong with the power on your car, if it's the flywheel then their is.

who changed the timing belt?

The shock of seeing the 155 sort of threw me off asking much questions so I honestly couldn't tell you if it was at the hub or the flywheel, but il hopefully find out what's happening next week at a different place.
the belts were changed before I owned the car so I don't know but il have a look through the history and see.

Was this a place in kells? If so I'd take his readings with a pinch of salt. IMO the only semi accurate dyno is at ecc in Lisburn.

It was in Kells yeah! I'd heard horror stories about him but to my knowledge he was the only mapper with access to a dyno at the time. What have you heard about him? A lot of people don't have a lot of nice things to say about him lol. He just seemed like he wanted to get rid of me because he had too much work on, didn't seem to care for the car at all. Who in Lisburn are you talking about?

It was in Kells yeah! I'd heard horror stories about him but to my knowledge he was the only mapper with access to a dyno at the time. What have you heard about him? A lot of people don't have a lot of nice things to say about him lol. He just seemed like he wanted to get rid of me because he had too much work on, didn't seem to care for the car at all. Who in Lisburn are you talking about?

so he had a bad rep already and your experience backs this up futher?! ... Given that yours drives similar to another (which is where it counts and not by a dyno figure) and there are no obvious issues, I would put it down to (a bad) experience , forget about it and move on, hopefully you didnt waste too much money.

Haven't paid a penny yet for anything, except the new spark plugs off eBay but it couldn't hurt to change them anyway. It's still going in next Friday to get tested at another place just for piece of mind.

ECC is East Coast Customs, they are off the Ballinderry Road. Very few dynos read accurately, and the data can be manipulated to give false readings.

Well the 182 on after me made 170hp so that sounds about right. Do dynos need to be configured for each car? The car flatlining on the graph at 5k just wasn't right at all. Wish I took a photo of it.

I agree with montana, move on and forget about it. What matters is how it feels when you're behind the wheel and driving the car. I can understand the dyno figure has left you with a bit of a sour taste, but from what you've said about the rep of the place....I wouldn't pay too much attention to it.

Agree wholeheartedly with Jimmy. The place you had it done doesn't sound particularly great. You know it's driving ok. Either get it to a tuner with a solid rep and make sure it's ok or just deal with it. If it makes you happy, that's all that matters.

Appreciate what you are saying lads but the ocd in me needs to establish everything is ok. One good run next Friday and il be over the moon

good luck..what we said at the beginning of this thread...lots of helpful people on here...

I agree with montana, move on and forget about it. What matters is how it feels when you're behind the wheel and driving the car. I can understand the dyno figure has left you with a bit of a sour taste, but from what you've said about the rep of the place....I wouldn't pay too much attention to it.

Amen!!

Car made 188hp at the flywheel lol. Disaster averted I think. Although the guy testing it said to me he doesn't care what ktec claims, that induction kit is losing the car a few hp because it's not completely enclosed and its sucking in a load of warm air from the engine bay. Im tempted to go back to the factory air box now and stick a itg filter in instead.

Looks great that but might be overkill for me mate. Think I want to try out the factory air box again but I might miss the noise the ktec kit makes too much, besides anything under 10hp of a difference is impossible to feel on the road anyway. If there is any loss it would be only 2-3hp

Ktec will perform better on the road than a dyno because the airflow whilst moving is substantial. Sure it's not an ideal location where it is tucked behind the battery, but you could improve things by fitting a small dry cell item to open the front of the filter to the airflow.