Time attack 2014 - Options?

A lot of people do just 1 event and ate not competitive at all. Why not have a go to see where you need to improve.

I'd say on a Clio it'd be everywhere considerably.

To give you an idea of the FWd class there are 1000bhp evos that weigh 1080 kgs

that don't come cheap either and they are not pro class :wink:

I can remember this one looking slow at Knockhill last year?

i would not say slow but gerry has allot of room to grow in himself and the car . he was running the " softest " of the beginer suspension packages to begin with just to get used to the car .

as i say late on in the year thing flys .

having been in it its a real weapon . .

I'd like to give Knockhill a go in a few years once the 200 ain't a road car any more. Just for the experience if nothing else.

I'd like to give Knockhill a go in a few years once the 200 ain't a road car any more. Just for the experience if nothing else.

shall we enter as WHW in this years at knockhill as we can use R888's now .

would be fun :smile:

N/A fwd for the win

You don't need a mad budget to have fun. Do it because you want to do it an develop the car as you go along. Anybody can chuck six figures at a car and be fast or thereabouts.

Our team won't be using hotels, tents and Transits will do for us. No money will be changing hands outside of why Andy spends on the parts, we're just going to help out for the love of it and hopefully he might just not come last! :smile:

Fun is one thing i agree mate

Being competitive is different

There are timed track days , and track days in general though to have fun with . . .

As the budget as with all motorsport will always be bigger is better .

The timed trackdays and trackdays would be my choice for fun , not as if time attack gives you the adrenaline of real wheel to wheel racing

Were going to the Dutch Time Attach in Holland in June if anyone else is going >?

The RCM boys haven't been out to play over here or a couple of years now. Granted she's a hell of a car and Ollie can't half drive! Nice lads too, serious trucks and serious budget hahaha!

Still, before it all went very dodgy at CPR, Alberts Evo VI got the better of RCM Gobstopper before RCM pulled out. Albert was a nice guy, was all very very very odd what went on up there last summer and a lot of people lost their cars, jobs and monies.

Anyway, I digress, TA is a great spectacle. It's just a damn shame they're not running at Oulton Park this year because I'd have gone out to play.

By 2014 4x4 will need to be 600-650bhp minimum 800bhp is more like the target if you want to be serious.

Further you'd be looking at minimum 360-400bhp in the clio, my friend luke runs a fiesta at 420bhp for most trackdays! (its the one that set a fwd ford record the other month 180odd mph)

-Andy

Similar Thread Suggestions