Options from the Thread...

• Option 1

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Option 2

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Option 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
IMO you'll never be the fastest on track - so it's about finding something you truly enjoy driving.

And when I was doing motorbike track days - that was something I could get involved in, ring the neck of and not feel like I was sitting atop a ticking time-bomb.

So the 1000cc / 180bhp monsters went: and I ended up on a 70bhp / 400cc bike. And never enjoyed anything more

My point being: Bigger and fast isn't necassarily better. Sometimes it's JUST bigger......

So -10mph faster down the straights and a few seconds off your lap times won't always revolutionise your enjoyment, so don't go chasing bhp just for the sake of it.

Having owned a huge selection of cars / bikes (And in no way am I a Clio die-hard) I'm going for option 2 above for the reasons stated.

Good luck.
This is so true! I haven't tracked a car for years so don't feel able to comment but I do a few bike track days. I bought myself a Yamaha R1 (1000 cc 180 bhp) and thought this will be easy, got on track and there were more comfortable/capable guys on 600cc bikes passing me for fun! Power isn't everything, as said its about your skills, your levels and at the end of the day your enjoyment.

@tombate911 I popped across in my van as my 197 is tucked away for winter :smile: I will do next time, this is my local track so spend a fair bit of time there in the warmer weather!

@tombate911 I popped across in my van as my 197 is tucked away for winter :smile: I will do next time, this is my local track so spend a fair bit of time there in the warmer weather!

It was a good 220 mile drive down for us on the Friday night. Great day though and enjoyed the track. I've updated my thread with photos and videos in the projects sections pages 7/8. Defo decided to keep the Clio and keep spending on it to make it more fun on track.

Reactions: dgo130
@tombate911 you need to come down in the warmer weather as well as its even more epic!

I will see what track days there are this year, I definitely want to come back though, really enjoyed it!

Update - The Clio is definitely staying, currently looking at suspension upgrades and a diff and trying to decide whether to repair the aircon or remove it. Decisions, decisions, decisions

Reactions: dgo130