Track days

Might sound abit stupid but is there anywhere that I can take my car on a track that you's would recommend, I wanna learn how to race properly and get Into it and I'm guessing my 197 ain't a bad car to start in.

Where you based?, any trackday in novice class (get track instructor session too)
you will be fine :smile:
I almost always book through javelin trackdays

I've always used TrackSkills in Northern Ireland, must have done 60-70 days with them. Great guys to deal with if that's where you are.

MSVT as above do novice days, also look at book a track and javelin both are very well run.

Also the official RS days

I have come across more good track day companies than bad ones but javelin and open track have a nice personal touch that I like but arguably the msv ones are the most official

Would stay clear of a Javelin event for your first trackday as they tend to book far too many cars on to the events so you end up with quite a few delays due to incidents and queueing to get on track, especially in inclement weather. For example at Cadwell Javelin will book upto 70 cars on the event whereas MSVT are booked up at 45 cars!

The MSVT novice events are a good idea, however they are sessioned events which isnt to everyones tastes as you are quite regimented as to when you can go on track, their open trackday events are very well run and usually have some decent instructors available to help you improve.

The Renaulstport days are also a good shout, they are run in conjunction with MSVT and are further limited on numbers of cars and usually have passenger rides and driving options in some of their cars! Behaviour is usually very good on these days as well and there is usually less of a mis-match in variety of cars out on track

I would echo some of the comments above.

javelin, although good they do book on a few more cars than can be comfortable, especially if it's your first outing.
MSV will be a safe bet, they get it pretty much spot on time after time.

bedford is a great track to begin on, plenty of run off just in case, challenging but not to complicated, and a great bunch of guys up there aswell.

from Cov, you've got Mallory which is pretty close, or possibly even a slight travel up to Oulton Park, but I think in your shoes I'd still be inclined to head towards Bedford.

You could also look into airfield activity days. Car limits do a decent and cheap day in essex. Very safe way to get used to handling your car at speed
One car at a time against the clock on various courses. Only thing you could do is hit a cone!

Mallory is nice easy track. It's perfect for 1st track day. Can learn track and ya lines quite easily but track where can improve self to go quicker. There's plenty of space if have a mishap. Also usually doesn't get busy so won't be hounded by other cars.

Oulton for 1st track day Probz ain't best idea, if get wrong there ya in the sh!t.

I took the GF there in her car as she wanted too take her GP on track. She loved it. It's fun little track .

Bedford Autodrome is definitely THEE track for 1st time track day goers. Its a really awesome fast track to which is a bonus.

There is literally nothing to hit (Except for the APEX cones. Eh Ashton) :rofl: