Track / Race Clio 197 - Rotoryboy

Yep seen that. That's Nicky at Monster Sport Europe. I have had lengthy chats with him.

This will be a Track Car unless I can confirm sponsorship deals. If I get the £15-£20k to run the race car then I will obviously fit the required equipment

Yep seen that. That's Nicky at Monster Sport Europe. I have had lengthy chats with him.

This will be a Track Car unless I can confirm sponsorship deals. If I get the £15-£20k to run the race car then I will obviously fit the required equipment

If you can get that sponsorship let me know, you can put your name/names on my car, no problem

Well the doors are off and have been sent away to have some custom door cards fitted. The roll cage is nearly done and dash reinstalled.

I collect the doors on Tuesday next week so will then drive straight up to the car to reinstall. Whilst it is in there I am having some thin sheet chequer plate attached to both front foot wells to keep the height correct for the peddles.

I will add photos on collection next week

Last edited:
Very good job with the door card mate. But may i ask, since you are preparing your car mainly for track days/racing why did you choose to keep the electric mirrors?

I would just fit some straps like the Porsche spyder has.

woukd be cheap enough to do and easy to bolt to the existing handle mounting point

Hi guys, sorry that is not the finished article as it has a door close strap. I just have limited photos at the moment.

Here some pics of the cage

ydu3agav.jpg

yheja5y4.jpg

adesejut.jpg

u3u7yveq.jpg

I had the floors done too

epyheje3.jpg

e8u5e3u7.jpg

I will get some better pics at the weekend

Any one done this wiring strip yet? Just need to make sure I don't remove any vitals lol.

Does anyone know what these are for? There are loads of them all over the loom.

e2ubupe4.jpg

Looks like the keyless entry sensor for the boot.
As long as it stays in the back, the keyless will work.

But be careful, the clips tend to break because it sits very tight.

You can remove the whole Isofix bar as it weighs 2,8kg and is useless in terms of stabilty.