Trade in prices baffled me

Just looked out of interest for a trade in price for my car. Local garage.

He didn't ask for the number plate just the age but the computer showed that a 197 cup was £500 more valuable than a 200 cup!

Wtf is this ? He said £6600 for 197 £6100 for 200 haha

Even showed me on the computer

Out of interest, stick your reg. no. in here and see what it says.
http://www.parkers.co.uk/
Maybe not the most accurate, but it will give you an idea.
I find it's best to be sat down when checking 2nd car values :blush:hmy:
Always comes as a shock.

Just tried mine and I suspect the prices quoted are not far off the mark. Thank God I got it for a decent price 2nd hand (X Renault management car). If I had bought it new :'(

Cars are pretty much the worst thing you can throw money at. Might as well draw the cash out and use it to start a bonfire :tongueout:anic:

:zomg: Well that's reassuring!!

Have you looked at webuyanycar? I looked the other day just out of curiosity and the initial quote wasn't actually that bad, it was north of £7k for my spec.

We buy any car offered £6500, I was hoping I could push them up on the trade in price or nock down the asking price for the car.

You could always try your luck selling privately on Autotrader etc if circumstances allow. What car are you looking at? :smile:

Nah to be honest I don't think I'm gonna sell, I've seen a scirocco I like and was intrigued to see what mine would be worth

Insane.. I p/x'd my 2010 200 FF Cup nearly a year ago now and got just under £10k trade in price... Tbf I'm still baffled how lol.

Insane.. I p/x'd my 2010 200 FF Cup nearly a year ago now and got just under £10k trade in price... Tbf I'm still baffled how lol.

Being a px it was probably a case of give you more for your car but less off the asking price.

Doubt it, still paid good money for the T haha.

Looking to swap back to an older 200 if I can find a decent one and the p/x the T.

In no rush though so it doesn't matter if I have to wait a year or so to do it.

Doubt it, still paid good money for the T haha.

Looking to swap back to an older 200 if I can find a decent one and the p/x the T.

In no rush though so it doesn't matter if I have to wait a year or so to do it.

if you have anything like my experience with selling the 200T and buying an older 200 I think you will find that the price of a 200 and the demand for them far exceeds that for the 200T.

Hoping a can take it back to the dealer and they have it off me. They have a black 200 in there at the moment, shame its done 60k though.

As I say though I'm in absolutely no rush, as I'm not going to be here to drive a car anyway so I'm not fussed lol.

I like it, and it's a fair amount quicker than an older 200 now it's mapped. The only thing that annoys me is the lack of things available to buy for it that's what I want to go back to an older one.

if you have anything like my experience with selling the 200T and buying an older 200 I think you will find that the price of a 200 and the demand for them far exceeds that for the 200T.

Plenty of decent 197's and even a couple of 200's for sale even on here and some of those have been stuck for months as well. The old story of something is easy to sell if there just happens to be someone out there who wants what you have at that point in time. Though I suspect Stephen will be part exchanging his.

Glad you got the car you wanted in the end though Linda :smile::smile::smile:

Plenty of decent 197's and even a couple of 200's for sale even on here and some of those have been stuck for months as well. The old story of something is easy to sell if there just happens to be someone out there who wants what you have at that point in time. Though I suspect Stephen will be part exchanging his.

Glad you got the car you wanted in the end though Linda :smile::smile::smile:

I may sell privately if I still have it at the end of the year perhaps. Nothing's set it stone yet though.