Twin Fog Mod

I noticed in the following thread by MentalPen that you can do a mod for twin fog lights...

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2487

I had a look at my car today and there is a bulb in there and the plug has a green widget stuck in one of the terminals...

How do i go about making it work? Is there a wire tucked away in the loom (i didnt want to cut away at the insulation to find nothing) or do i need to run a wire from the other side?

TIA

:smile:

you need to run the wire yourself on the 197 so presume its the same on the 200.

Edited, I misread the post :lol:

There was a guide on the old 197.net and iirc the wire isn't there you need to run one.

Edited, I misread the post :lol:

There was a guide on the old 197.net and iirc the wire isn't there you need to run one.

yep - you remove the bung and put a wire in and run it across the back to the other lamp and wire it in - very easy:thumbup:

I have some pics somewhere from the old sites how to.
Not sure if they'll help but will dig them out for you tomorrow.

If you do it before I find them, do a how to.

I was going to do this this weekend too lol! Just had to replace my brakelights and only notice when testing that only 1 fog was on. I dont normally do anything electrical is there any specific wire I need?

when i get time i can do it again for the 200 if you like??

vqh1d3.jpg

i'm working away all next week

here it is on my old 197 but it should be the same as the rear cluster has not changed.

OK so don't blame me if it goes wrong....... [:tongueout:] so this is what i have learnt Renault have done by what i can see. Firstly using a star headed screwdriver bit (T20) un screw the 3 screws holding in the clusters and gently waggle and pull the clusters until the holding plugs work there way out.

r0ci7d.jpg

Now starting on the driver’s side remove the tape from both sides of the body and thread a wire through the gap. Now attach the wire to the end green wire and re-insulate the wires.

30mssxk.jpg

mltdp4.jpg

Now run the wire under the trim to the passenger side.

amdqih.jpg

And back up the passenger side

116uurr.jpg

Strip the tape as per drivers side and thread the wire through and tape back up.

34hw1tg.jpg

How attack it into the cable clip next to the orange wire. (Note* you may have to remove a green bit to do so)

2qtv6o6.jpg

Now just test and put it all back together.

bhemag.jpg

DONE! [:smiley:]